Student Tuition and Fees 2.101
An Elgin Community College student is responsible for payment of tuition and fees assessed for his/her classes. Tuition and fees for credit courses shall be established annually by the Board of Trustees within the limits established by the Illinois statutes and Illinois Community College Board Administrative Procedures. The Vice President for Business and Finance is authorized to collect the following tuition and fees for credit courses:
- Tuition: In-District: This rate will be established annually by the Board of Trustees, no later than March 31st, effective for the upcoming fiscal year. This rate is computed in accordance with paragraph 110 ILCS 805/6-4 of the Illinois Community College Act.
- Out-of-District: This rate is computed in accordance with paragraphs 110 ILCS 805/6-2 and 110 ILCS 805/6-4.1 of the Community College Act.
- Out-of-State: This rate is computed in accordance with paragraph 110 ILCS 805/6-4.1 of the Community College Act.
- Effective Date: In-district, out-of-state and out-of-district tuition rates and fee increases are effective the summer semester of each year.
- Fees: All fees are computed in accordance with paragraph 110 ILCS 805/6-4 of the Community College Act and approved annually by the Board of Trustees.
Deferred Payment plans are available to all eligible students.
All tuition and fees owed to the College must be paid by the published tuition due date if the student registers for courses prior to that date. All tuition and fees for courses registered after tuition due date must be paid by 7:00 pm the next calendar day to prevent deregistration of all or some of those courses. Students with an outstanding financial obligation at the end of the semester for any reason shall face suspension of college services, examples of which include: inability to enroll in any future semesters and inability to receive transcripts and/or grades.