Register for Classes
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help.
Some classes fill quickly, so register early to reserve your spot in class.
Before You Register
Here's how to make your registration process go smoothly.
- Determine which classes you need to take. Meet with an academic advisor to review the options or see the course catalog.
- Make sure you've met your prerequisites. If you haven't, you may be able to place into the course by taking a placement test.
- Clear all outstanding financial obligations. You can't register if you have a past due balance.
- Check important registration dates to make sure you don't miss the registration period. Registration for summer and fall semesters begins in November. Registration for spring semester begins in November. Remember—register early!
Spring 2021 Offerings
The majority of spring classes are being delivered online in either a synchronous or asynchronous format. A limited number of hybrid courses will be offered. Hybrid classes will conclude their in-person component on Sunday, May 9, 2021, two weeks prior to the end of the spring semester, while the online portion of these classes may be scheduled through the end of the semester. For more information on spring 2021 classes, visit campus central.
How to Register
You have two options for registration:
- Online at accessECC Portal. (see login instructions for help).
- In person at the Registration Office, Building B, Room B105.
If the class you want to take is full, you can join the waitlist for that class up until the college’s payment due date. If space becomes available, you will be registered for the course.
- To keep your classes, you will need to make payment arrangements by the published due dates.
- You can pay your tuition in full or sign up for our online payment plan.
- If you’d like to make changes to your class schedule after registering, visit accessECC portal or go to the Registration Office.
- Be sure to check the refund dates and last date to withdraw.
For more details, see Schedule Changes and Course Withdrawals.
Looking for Continuing Education Classes?
We offer a wide variety of popular, high-quality noncredit classes including ACT/SAT test preparation, Kids' College, food safety, real estate, career courses, healthcare courses, cooking, dance, and many other convenient online courses.