Register for Classes
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help.
Some classes fill quickly, so we encourage you to register as early as possible.
If you are taking degree and certificate courses for credit, please continue reading below. To register for continuing education classes, including test preparation, see continuing education.
Before You Register
Here are a few things you can do to make the registration process go smoothly.
- Choose your classes. Check the course catalog, and consider meeting with an academic advisor to review the options.
- Make sure you’ve met your prerequisites. If you haven’t, you may be able to place into the course by taking a placement test.
- Clear all outstanding financial obligations. You can’t register if you have a past due balance.
- Check the registration schedule to make sure you don’t miss the registration period. Registration for summer and fall semesters begins in April. Registration for spring semester begins in November. We encourage you to register early!
How to Register
You have two options for registration:
- Online at accessECC Portal. Need log in help? View login instructions.
- In person at the Registration & Records Office located in Building B, Room B105.
If the class you want to take is full, you can join the waitlist for that class up until the college’s payment due date. If space becomes available, you will be registered for the course. Review student waitlist registration procedure for more information.
To keep your classes, you will need to make payment arrangements by the published due dates. You can pay your tuition in full or sign up for our online payment plan. If you’d like to make changes to your class schedule after registering, visit accessECC portal or go to the Registration & Records Office.
Be sure to check the refund dates and last date to withdraw policies.