Register for Classes
Admissions Live Chat
Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?
Admission live chat is open. Get live help now! Launch chat
Admissions live chat is closed for registration help and enrollment questions. Search admissions FAQ to find answers or email us at email@example.com. Live chat is available during the Admissions & Recruitment Office hours Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Preguntas frecuentes.
Admissions live chat is unavailable; staff is currently away from the chat. In the meantime, search admissions FAQ to find registration and enrollment questions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preguntas frecuentes.
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help.
Summer and fall semester registration opens in April, while spring semester registration begins in November. Register early to secure your spot in the class of your choice, as certain classes tend to fill up fast.
Before You Register
Here's how to make your registration process go smoothly.
- Determine which classes you need to take. Meet with an academic advisor to review the options or see the course catalog.
- Make sure you've met your prerequisites. If you haven't, you may place into the course by taking a placement test.
- Clear all outstanding financial obligations. You can't register if you have a past-due balance.
- Check important registration dates to ensure you don't miss the period.
- Adding and dropping classes.
- Enrollment and degree verification.
- Joint agreements.
- Residency verification.
- To determine your priority registration date, visit the priority permits page.
How to Register
You have two options for registration:
- Online at accessECC Portal. (see login instructions for help).
- In-person at the Registration Office, Building B, Room B105.
If the class you want to take is full, you can join the waitlist for that class until the college’s payment due date. If space becomes available, you will be registered for the course.
- You must make payment arrangements by the published due dates to keep your classes.
- You can pay your tuition in full or sign up for our online payment plan.
- If you want to change your class schedule after registering, visit the accessECC portal or the Registration Office.
- Be sure to check the refund dates and last date to withdraw.
For more details, see Schedule Changes and Course Withdrawals.
Search Course Catalog
ECC offers online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes, so you can choose the format that fits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to the most common questions by browsing our FAQ. Search admissions FAQ