Register for Classes
Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?
Live chat is open. Get live help now! Launch chat
Live chat is closed. Search admissions FAQ to find answers or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Live chat is available during regular office hours Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Live chat is unavailable. Staff is currently away from the chat; please email us at email@example.com.
Live chat is busy. Staff is currently helping other students; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help.
Some classes fill quickly, so register early to reserve your spot in class.
- Adding and dropping classes.
- Enrollment and degree verification.
- Joint agreements.
- Residency verification.
- Please remember that priority registration for summer 2021 for continuing students begins Monday, April 5. To determine your priority registration date, visit the priority permits page.
Before You Register
Here's how to make your registration process go smoothly.
- Determine which classes you need to take. Meet with an academic advisor to review the options or see the course catalog.
- Make sure you've met your prerequisites. If you haven't, you may be able to place into the course by taking a placement test.
- Clear all outstanding financial obligations. You can't register if you have a past due balance.
- Check important registration dates to make sure you don't miss the registration period. Registration for summer and fall semesters begins in November. Registration for spring semester begins in November. Remember—register early!
Summer and Fall 2021 Offerings
The majority of summer classes are being delivered online in either a synchronous or asynchronous format or a hybrid format that combines online learning with face-to-face instruction. ECC is planning for a transitional return to normal operations during the fall 2021 semester. As such, ECC will offer an increased number of hybrid and face-to-face classes and will be adding additional hybrid and face-to-face classes to the schedule based upon demand and updates related to COVID-19. Find more information on the upcoming semester.
How to Register
You have two options for registration:
- Online at accessECC Portal. (see login instructions for help).
- In-person at the Registration Office, Building B, Room B105.
If the class you want to take is full, you can join the waitlist for that class up until the college’s payment due date. If space becomes available, you will be registered for the course.
- To keep your classes, you will need to make payment arrangements by the published due dates.
- You can pay your tuition in full or sign up for our online payment plan.
- If you’d like to make changes to your class schedule after registering, visit the accessECC portal or go to the Registration Office.
- Be sure to check the refund dates and last date to withdraw.
For more details, see Schedule Changes and Course Withdrawals.
Looking for Continuing Education Classes?
We offer a wide variety of popular, high-quality non-credit classes, including ACT/SAT preparation, Kids' College, food safety, real estate, career courses, healthcare courses, cooking, dance, and many other convenient online courses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Get answers to the most common questions by browsing our FAQ. Search admissions FAQ