Register for Classes
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help.
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help. Some classes fill quickly, so register early to reserve your spot in class.
- If you are taking degree and certificate courses for credit, please continue reading below.
- To register for continuing education classes, including test preparation, visit the continuing education page.
Before You Register
Here’s how to make your registration process go smoothly.
- Choose your classes. Check the course catalog, and consider meeting with an academic advisor to review the options.
- Make sure you’ve met your prerequisites. IIf you haven’t, you may be able to place into the course by taking a placement test.
- Clear all outstanding financial obligations. You can’t register if you have a past due balance.
- Check the registration schedule to make sure you don’t miss the registration period. Registration for summer and fall semesters begins in April. Registration for spring semester begins in November. Remember -- register early!
How to Register
You have two options for registration:
- Online at accessECC Portal. (see login instructions for help).
- In person at the Registration Office, Building B, Room B105.
If the class you want to take is full, you can join the waitlist for that class up until the college’s payment due date. If space becomes available, you will be registered for the course.
- To keep your classes, you will need to make payment arrangements by the published due dates.
- You can pay your tuition in full or sign up for our online payment plan.
- If you’d like to make changes to your class schedule after registering, visit accessECC portal or go to the Registration Office.
- Be sure to check the refund dates and last date to withdraw.
For more details, see Schedule Changes and Course Withdrawals.