Register for Classes
Admissions Live Chat
Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?
Admission live chat is open. Get live help now! Launch chat
Admissions live chat is closed for registration help and enrollment questions. Live chat is available during normal business hours, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on Fridays. Search admissions FAQ to find answers or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions live chat is unavailable. Staff is currently away from the chat; please email us at email@example.com.
Admissions live chat is busy. Staff is currently helping other students; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering for courses at Elgin Community College is quick and easy—and we’re here to help.
Registration for summer and fall semesters begins in April. Registration for the spring semester begins in November. Some classes fill quickly, so register early to reserve your spot in class.
- Adding and dropping classes.
- Enrollment and degree verification.
- Joint agreements.
- Residency verification.
- To determine your priority registration date, visit the priority permits page.
Before You Register
Here's how to make your registration process go smoothly.
- Determine which classes you need to take. Meet with an academic advisor to review the options or see the course catalog.
- Make sure you've met your prerequisites. If you haven't, you may place into the course by taking a placement test.
- Clear all outstanding financial obligations. You can't register if you have a past due balance.
- Check important registration dates to make sure you don't miss the registration period.
Summer and Fall 2022 Offerings
ECC is offering classes in online, hybrid, and face-to-face formats so you can choose the format that fits your needs. Find more information on the upcoming semester.
How to Register
You have two options for registration:
- Online at accessECC Portal. (see login instructions for help).
- In-person at the Registration Office, Building B, Room B105.
If the class you want to take is full, you can join the waitlist for that class until the college’s payment due date. If space becomes available, you will be registered for the course.
- You will need to make payment arrangements by the published due dates to keep your classes.
- You can pay your tuition in full or sign up for our online payment plan.
- If you’d like to make changes to your class schedule after registering, visit the accessECC portal or the Registration Office.
- Be sure to check the refund dates and last date to withdraw.
For more details, see Schedule Changes and Course Withdrawals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Get answers to the most common questions by browsing our FAQ. Search admissions FAQ