Skip to content

Evaluation of College Credit Earned Outside the U.S.

Earn ECC credit for the academic work you did in another country.

Did you attend high school or college outside the U.S.? If you plan to attend college or change careers, consider having your transcripts evaluated by an accredited evaluation service. 

A professional can analyze your high school and college courses and provide U.S. titles, number of semester credits, and grades. ECC can provide expert knowledge on whether you need the evaluation and discuss the next steps, including the names of accredited agencies that can perform this service. 

 Here are the steps to take:

  1. Choose an evaluation agency.
  2. A certified translator must translate your transcript before submitting it for evaluation.
  3. Choose one of the following companies to do your evaluation. You may choose to have your evaluation done by another company if accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®).

Evaluation Process

The evaluation service will analyze every college course you’ve completed and give it a U.S. title, semester credits, and a grade.

  • Request a course-by-course report or detailed report
  • Download  - PDF
  • Submit your request for evaluation to ECC

When you receive the documentation from the evaluation company, please bring it to the Registration & Records Office. We need a separate evaluation for each course you plan to transfer to ECC.

Our review will take about a week. When it’s complete, we will notify you through your ECC student email account and explain how to access the results through the accessECC portal. Need login help? View login instructions.

Acceptance of transfer credit is subject to the approval of the ECC department offering similar courses.


Academic & Transfer Advising

Building B, Room B120

Monday through Thursday: 7:30 am to 7 pm
Friday: Closed


Financial Aid & Scholarships

Building B, Room B156
Fax: 847-608-5460

Contact Us

Monday through Thursday: 8 am to 7 pm
Friday: Closed

*Closed Tuesday: 1 pm to 2:30 pm


Student Accounts

Building B, Room B151
Fax: 847-214-7445

Monday through Thursday: 8 am to 7 pm
Friday: 8 am to 4 pm

**Closed Wednesdays 2 pm to 3 pm



Building B, Room B105
Fax: 847-214-7484

Monday through Thursday: 7:30 am to 7 pm
Friday: Closed