Support for undocumented students

Admissions Live Chat

Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?

Application Instructions for Undocumented Students

All students use the same application to apply to Elgin Community College. Undocumented students, who have neither U.S. citizenship nor a visa allowing them to enroll in college coursework, are not considered international students and may apply according to the regular admission process regardless of resident status.

Select "Apply as a New College Student." You don't need an SSN or an ITIN to register for classes or receive a certificate or degree at ECC. While students without a social security number cannot apply for federal student financial aid to pay for college or career certification, ECC offers other ways to help cover your costs.

Did you know?

FAQ Undocumented Students

The information and materials presented on this site are general and informational only and do not constitute legal advice. Immigration questions should be directed to a licensed immigration attorney. The campus and legal information provided on this site are subject to change at any time. Updates will be provided when possible, but faculty, staff, students, and the general public should continue to update and educate themselves concerning undocumented students and their families.

Going to College

Pay for College

ECC Programs