We’re dedicated to helping you succeed—in the classroom and beyond.
Tutoring is a resource for all students at any point in their studies, not just those who are struggling. Our experienced professional tutors help you learn and thrive in more than 50 subjects. Whether you’re looking for quick study tips or weekly tutoring support for a challenging class, we're happy to help.
Stop by the Tutoring Center anytime we’re open. Tutoring is free--stay as long as you want. Subjects include:
- Accounting (Building C, Room C230, Monday through Thursday)
- Anatomy and Physiology (Building A, Room A213)
- Biology (Building A, Room A213)
- Chemistry (Building M, Room M105)
- Economics (Building C, Room C230, Monday through Thursday)
- History (Building C, Room C230, Monday through Thursday)
- Math (Building C, Room C230)
- Microbiology (Building A, Room A213)
- Nursing (Building A, Room A335.01, schedule varies. Check with staff.)
- Physics (Building C, Room C230)
- Political Science (Building C, Room C230, Monday through Thursday)
If you need in-depth support on a particular class, weekly one-on-one tutoring can help you stay on track. Sessions are scheduled for 50 minutes a week. Private sessions are free but subject to availability. For details and schedule, visit the Tutoring Center, or call 847-214-7256.
Enjoy the convenience of tutoring anytime, anywhere through D2L. Complete the online tutoring sign-up form to enroll in online tutoring.
Study Skills Sessions
A successful college experience depends on strong study skills. Join us at The Tutoring Center for sessions on topics such as:
- Computer basics
- Biology study skills
- Test anxiety
- Note-taking techniques
Visit the Tutoring Center for schedule and sign-up.
Writing, English, and Reading Support (The Write Place)
Write Place tutors will guide you through brainstorming, planning, drafting, revising, and editing all kinds of school-related writing. Tutors can also help with grammar and reading skills.
Drop-In Hours: Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Appointments available 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Call for availability.
Location: Building B, Room B274
Taking a math class? Join us at the Math Lab for study groups, homework help, test-prep support, and more. All Math Lab services are free, and no appointment is necessary—stop by the Math Lab in Building D, Room D219.
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.