Early Childhood Lab School
Safe and dependable childcare.
The ECC Early Childhood Lab School offers flexible, campus-based child care for children ages 6 weeks through 5 years. Childcare service is available for currently enrolled ECC students and ECC employees.
- Full- and part-time care available.
- Flexible scheduling by time block.
- Goal-oriented learning programs tailored to each age group.
- Highly trained, attentive, and enthusiastic professional staff.
- Indoor and outdoor activities.
- Instruction in art, music, dance, large and small motor development, language, science, and math.
- Suitable accommodations for children to nap.
Students may utilize the childcare center at their discretion, including while working or taking online classes.
Financial aid and state subsidies are accepted, and additional child care assistance is available to PELL eligible students through CCAMPIS Grant funding. Limited space is available each semester. For more information, call 847-214-7376 or email ECLS@elgin.edu.
Learning programs are tailored to each age group.
|Program||Age Group||Program Info|
|Infant & Toddler Care||6 weeks to 2-year-olds||Program Details|
|Programs for Preschoolers||2 to 5-year-olds||Program Details|
Children of current ECC students and employees are welcome at the ECC Early Childhood Lab School. Parents with children currently enrolled at the lab school may register early for one week, beginning the first week of class registration. Beginning the second and subsequent weeks of class registration, open enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Full-time enrollments are preferred. Children must be registered for a minimum of one, three-hour time block at least two days per week in any combination of the following:
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (4 p.m. on Fridays)
The following is required before the first day of attendance:
- Birth certificates
- Medical records
- Emergency information
- Emergency releases
Registration must be made in person by visiting Building M, Room M137.
Open all year when classes are in session. Students with classes starting before 8 a.m. will be accommodated when possible. View the academic calendar for specific closures.
Fall & Spring Semester*
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays
- 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. available by request
Hours are based on enrollment needs and charged on an hourly basis.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday
- Closed Fridays
* Any hour subject to cancellation if minimum enrollments are not met.