Articulated Credit Program
Get college credit for career-technical coursework at your high school.
Complete career-technical coursework at your high school. You complete career-technical coursework at your high school. Proficiency credit is awarded upon successful course completion, graduation, and post-high school enrollment at ECC.
- All coursework takes place on your high school campus.
- Aligns with your career-technical pathway.
- Shortens time to college degree completion.
- It has been shown to increase the probability of college success.
- District 300 (Dundee-Crown High School, Hampshire High School, and Jacobs High School)
- District 303 (St. Charles East High School and St. Charles North High School)
- Private Schools (Cambridge Lakes Charter School)
There is no cost for obtaining proficiency credit at ECC. No college tuition to pay in this program.
- Earn at least a B in each of those courses and meet any additional requirements set by the course (such as Basic Nursing Assistant).
- Apply to ECC within 27 months and enroll in a degree or vocational specialist certificate program.
High school credit, college credit, or both
You'll receive high school credit and proficiency credit at ECC during the enrollment process for your first college semester.
The path forward
It is aligned with an Associate of Applied Science degree at ECC.
Review your high school's course catalog. Meet with your high school counselor.