Apply as a Transfer Student
Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?
Live chat is open. Get live help now! Launch chat
Live chat is closed for registration help and enrollment questions. Live chat is available during normal business hours, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on Fridays. Search admissions FAQ to find answers or email us at email@example.com.
Live chat is unavailable. Staff is currently away from the chat; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live chat is busy. Staff is currently helping other students; please email us at email@example.com.
Have you attended another college or university?
Welcome to ECC!
Applying to ECC as a transfer student is easy, and there’s no application fee. Here are the steps to follow, whether you’re applying for a degree or certificate program or want to take classes for credit.
- Submit the online application - Make sure you have a personal email you can access, as we will be sending you important enrollment information after you have applied. If you don’t have an email address, you can create a Gmail account for free and follow the instructions.
- Submit your high school and college transcripts to the Admissions Office. Submit a request for evaluation if you want your prior college credits to apply to your degree at ECC. If you have credits from another country, request an evaluation of these credentials.
- Explore scholarships, and financial aid - More than half of all ECC students qualify for some form of aid.
- Make sure you’ve met the prerequisites for the classes you want to take. See placement testing for details.
- Attend New Student Orientation - Familiarize yourself with the campus and all of your resources.
- Choose classes - If you haven’t yet done so, schedule a meeting with an academic advisor.
Additional Relief Funds Available
Elgin Community College has received additional funding to help students reach their educational goals during the pandemic. To help us determine your eligibility, all students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA for the upcoming school year. The Alternative Application for state aid is available for qualifying undocumented and transgender students. For assistance, call 847-214-7360.