Skip to content

F-1 Travel

Travel Within the U.S. 

If you travel outside of the Chicagoland area, but remain in the U.S., it is important that you take your original, unexpired passport and Form I-20 with you.

Travel Outside the U.S.

When leaving the U.S. to travel, all F-1 students should check their travel documents prior to departure. For more information on traveling outside the U.S. on an F-1 visa, please refer to the F1 Travel Checklist - PDF.