ECC Assistance for Students Experiencing Homelessness

Elgin Community College has a wide network of support, including caring and compassionate staff members who are available to respond and support students who are facing food and housing insecurity.

If you are experiencing a challenge with accessing basic needs resources, please contact:

Homeless Student Liaison

Mary Crowe

Wellness Services

Licensed clinical therapists will provide individual sessions focusing on students’ mental wellness. Community agency referrals for students seeking psychological assessments, medication management, and long-term mental health therapy are available. Additional referrals with other community partners include food pantries, affordable housing listings, and community financial programs.

ECC Wellness Professionals

Building B, Room B120
Visit Wellness Services webpage

Public Act 102-0083

According to Illinois Public Act 102-0083 “Students experiencing homelessness" or "homeless student" means an individual enrolled in an institution who lacks or is at imminent risk of lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or whose parent or legal guardian is unable or unwilling to provide shelter and care and includes a homeless individual as defined under the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.

Resources for Students Experiencing Homelessness

Elgin Community College and the surrounding community have many resources dedicated to helping you if you are experiencing the challenge of a basic need. Below please find a list of resources:

Contact Information

Admissions and Recruitment

Admissions staff are available to assist students with completing the online admission application, which is essential in getting started on the right path. The Admissions and Recruitment Office assist with the online application and specific admission requirements.

Building B, Room B110
Bilingual Admissions Coordinator: 847-214-7689
Visit Admissions webpage

Bilingual Admissions Coordinator


Academic & Transfer Advising

Academic Advisors are available to assist in selecting classes, review program requirements, change programs, academic progress work, discuss transfer questions and refer students to other departments. Veterans are also referred to the Career and Veteran Specialist and the Financial Aid Veteran Certifying Official.

Building B, Room B120
Bilingual Academic Advisor available
Visit Academic & Transfer Advising webpage

Financial Aid and Scholarships Office

Financial Aid Advisors and staff are available to guide and assist students through the financial aid process as well as provide guidance on the types of financial aid available, including grants, scholarships, student employment, and student loans. Assistance is available to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the required forms and documents. Veterans may work directly with our Veteran Certifying Official.

Building B, Room B156
Bilingual Financial Aid Advisor: 847-214-7524
Visit Financial Aid webpage


Registration Specialists are available to answer questions regarding student information changes, residency, enrollment verification, and add/or dropping courses can be answered in the Registration Office.

Building B, Room B105
Fax: 847-214-7484
Visit Registration webpage