Cultivate your potential.
The ECC honors program offers talented and highly motivated students rich and challenging classes to cultivate their potential. As a member of the program, you can enroll in honors classes that have smaller class sizes and innovative learning experiences. You will learn from exceptional ECC faculty as well as from your high-achieving peers. Participation in the program will also enhance your competitiveness for scholarships and acceptance to four-year institutions. Honors program course offerings, policies, procedures, tuition waivers, and maintaining program eligibility for current Honors Program students.
As a member of the Honors Program, you will receive the following benefits:
- Exceptional teaching from top faculty.
- A smaller number of students in each class.
- Greater intellectual challenge through class discussions, projects, and readings.
- Ability to enroll in honors classes with other high-achieving peers.
To get the full experience and graduate from the Honors Program you must:
- Complete 15 credit hours of Honors coursework. The honors program offers the following annual courses by semester.
- Completed Honors Capstone Portfolios.
- Earn an associate degree with a cumulative 3.25 GPA or higher.
- Demonstrated active involvement in service and leadership.
Scholarships & Tuition Waiver Opportunities
- Enhanced competitiveness for scholarships and acceptance to four-year institutions.
- A free* class for every honors course you successfully complete!
Review & download application.
To maintain membership in the Honors Program you must:
- Enroll in at least 3 credit hours of honors courses every 2 semesters (one course per year), and three additional credit hours during each additional year enrolled.
- Join ECC’s Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) honor society, and engage in leadership and service roles on campus.
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA each semester.
*If any of these expectations are not met, students are on probation for one semester. If still not met after probation, students are deactivated from Program, but can rejoin once expectations fulfilled.