Future Workforce Leaders Program
Now accepting applications!
If you’re 16 to 24 years old, Elgin Community College offers free tuition and books to qualified participants for training and financial assistance through a series of short-term certificates and other training programs. This program gives you the opportunity to learn about various career pathways and also receive your high school equivalency certificate, an occupational training certificate, or gain valuable work experience in a chosen field while in the program. Apply to the future workforce leaders program
Training Program Benefits
Participants in this program may learn about various career pathways and also receive a high school equivalency certificate, an occupational training certificate, or gain valuable work experience in a chosen field while in the program.
Benefits of being in the future workforce leaders program:
- All program costs are covered, including tuition, fees, books, and required supplies.
- Receive individualized help and support from a program advisor, who can connect you with community resources, the GED® exam preparation program, and/or additional college classes and programs.
- Since long-term employment is the goal of the program, you'll also receive job search assistance, including help with your résumé and interview skills.
- Limited assistance with transportation and child care referrals is also available.
Learning opportunities include:
- Career treks.
- Job shadowing.
- Work experience through short-term employment ($12 per hour).
- Volunteer and networking.
- Adult basic education classes, including computer skills training, short-term training for certification.
- High school equivalency certificate preparation.
- Career exploration, advising and mentoring.
- Job search and job referral assistance.
- Personal development workshops.
- Resume development and interview skills training.
- Tours of colleges and businesses.
- Transportation assistance.
- Tuition, testing fees, and books.
- Plus, academic tutoring and wellness support groups.
Education & Career Pathways
Popular programs of interest:
The Future Workforce Leaders Program is a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program funded through the Kane County Department of Employment and Education.