Career Development Services
We’ll help you plan a bright future.
Phone and Video Sessions Available!
Reserve your spot to discuss taking a career assessment, guidance in choosing a major, career ideas, writing a new resume, going to an interview, and everything you need to start your future on the right path. Call 847-214-7390, or current students can schedule an appointment today.
Career Development Services assists students with everything relating to their future careers. Whether choosing a major, exploring career options, defining your professional goals, and/or looking for a job, a Career Development Specialist can help you along your career journey.
Career Counseling Services
- One-on-one career counseling
- Clarification of your career goals
- Assistance in overcoming obstacles
- Choosing a major
- Career decision-making
- Career research tools
- Job shadowing and career conversations
- Career and Majors Class
- Career Assessment Package
Job Search Services
- Resume review and consultation
- Cover letter writing tips and review
- Mock interview practice and skill-building
- Job search strategy techniques
- LinkedIn profile review
- Networking best-practice techniques
- ePortfolio assistance
- Navigating job applications and job boards
- Help prepare for job fairs
- Employer and job market research
- Hire Spartans job board
How Career Development Services will help you.
- Undecided? Let us help you explore majors and careers. Discover what you want from your future career and how to explore yourself and the world of work to choose the right career path.
- Are you seeking employment? Let us help you develop your job search strategy; whether your goal is a part-time job while in school or your career position, learn how to stand out to employers.
- Want career success? Let us help you develop as a future professional. Create your professional “brand” and uncover opportunities to build your competencies, experiences, and relationships.