Computed Tomography Admissions Steps and Materials
Elgin Community College's Computed Tomography (CT) Program is a certificate-based program that provides an accessible and relevant education under the highest professional standards. In partnership with its clinical partners, the program will graduate competent CT technologists that practice excellent patient-centered care to the diverse populations within the community.
All candidates must submit the following information/documentation by June 15 to consider their application. If June 15 falls on a weekend, packets are due Friday before that date. Late applications will be considered for the following year unless space is available.
- Completed ECC application for admission.
- Complete and submit a health professions application.
- Submit documentation of completing an Associate Degree in Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, or Ultrasound from an appropriately accredited educational program*.
- Submit documentation of current certification*.
- Official transcripts for any courses being transferred from other schools. To request a transcript evaluation visit our transfer credit evaluation page.
Applicants should indicate a preference for full-time or part-time status on the application. Priority will be given to full-time students for clinical placement.
Candidates should send documentation consisting of an official transcript and a copy of ARRT certification (and IL state license for CT and Mammography programs) directly to the Medical Imaging Department (please do not send it to the Registration & Records Office). You do not have to request that the transcript be evaluated.