Community College District 509 is one of 39 community college districts in the Illinois Community College System.
Communities We Serve
|District 509 Municipalities|
|Burlington||Lake in the Hills*||Wasco|
|Campton Hills*||Lily Lake||Wayne|
|Carpentersville*||Pingree Grove||West Dundee|
|East Dundee||Plato Center|
|Portions of these communities are not in District #509|
|Some people with addresses in Barrington Hills, Carol Stream, Cary, Elburn, Fox River Grove, Hoffman Estates, Huntley, LaFox, Maple Park, Schaumburg, Sycamore, Virgil and West Chicago are also district residents.|
Anyone who is a resident of public school districts U-46, 300, 301 or 303 is a resident of District 509.
|District 509 Public Schools|
|Bartlett High School||Larkin High School, Elgin|
|Central High School, Burlington||South Elgin High School|
|Dundee-Crown High School, Carpentersville||St. Charles East High School|
|Elgin High School||St. Charles North High School|
|Hampshire High School||Streamwood High School|
|Jacobs High School, Algonquin|
|District 509 Private Schools|
|Elgin Academy, Elgin||St. Edward High School, Elgin|
|Fox Valley Lutheran Academy, Elgin||Westminster Christian, Elgin|
Tuition rates are based on student residency procedure 4.102. View tuition rates
- The following provisions apply to both state and district residency definitions:
- A student shall have occupied a dwelling within the district for at least 30 days immediately prior to the date established by the district for classes to begin.
- Students occupying a dwelling in the district who fail to meet the 30-day residency requirement may not become residents simply by attending classes at a community college for 30 days or more.
- Students who move from outside the district and who obtain residence in the district for reasons other than attending the community college shall be exempt from the 30-day requirement if they demonstrate through documentation a verifiable interest in establishing permanent residency.
- Individuals who reside outside of District 509 will be considered in-district students for courses offered by ECC if they are employed for at least 35 hours per week in the district.
- Download the in-district employer verification form
- Students who are military personnel who are stationed and present in the district in connection with their military service.
- Students who are enrolled through a joint agreement programs with ECC and another college.
Any person whose permanent residence lies outside the boundaries of District 509 but within the state of Illinois. View tuition rates
Out-of-State & International Resident
Any person whose residence lies outside the boundaries of the state of Illinois including all international students enrolling under an F-1 student visa. For more detail please refer to College Catalog.
Verification of In-District Residency
Residency must be established at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester. Acceptable documentation of residency includes:
- A driver's license or state issued identification card or U.S. or international government issued identification card, with an in-district address dated at least 30 days prior to the start of the term or;
- Provide at least two of the following: signed lease, utility bill or tax bill in the student’s name, or voter’s registration card or;
- Students who qualify as an in-district resident by working 35 hours or more a week must provide documentation of hours worked per week on employer letterhead, in the form of a recent pay stub, or on forms available in the Registration Department or;
- Students utilizing benefits under the federal Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 or any subsequent variation of that Act (per Public Act 098-0306) must provide DD214 form or an eligibility letter.
- Students who qualify under a joint agreement programs must provide the required documentation per that agreement.