ECC’s Testing Center offers placement tests, make-up exams, and much more.
If you do not have access to complete testing remotely, we offer limited, appointment-only testing on-campus. Register for on-campus testing.
Testing can help make sure you’re taking the right classes and prepare you for your next step. ECC’s Testing Center is available to assist you with placement tests, make-up tests, certification exams, and more. Most services are for incoming ECC students, but we also offer high school students tests and certification exams and are open to the broader community.
Did you know?
- If you took AP tests at your high school, you might be able to fulfill ECC course requirements and earn credit. Check our AP credit charts for details.
- We offer various workshops and practice tests to help you prepare for placement exams, and we encourage you to make the most of them. The more you practice, the better you’ll do!
- Students who speak Spanish at home but have not had any or have had little formal education in the Spanish language should complete the WebCAPE Spanish before course placement. Please see an academic advisor take the language placement exam.
Before You Take Your Test
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing, such as a driver's license, passport, government-issued ID card, military ID card, or school ID with a photo.
- Electronic devices, mechanical pencils, and all personal items are not permitted in the testing room. You must place items in a locker before testing.
- Calculators are allowed for specific tests. If a personal calculator is permitted, it will be examined before testing.
- Talking is not allowed in the testing room.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Once a test is issued, you must complete it in one sitting.
- Tests will not be administered 90 minutes before closing.
- You must turn in all tests and materials at least ten minutes before closing.
- Acts of dishonesty are subject to disciplinary actions.
- The Testing Center is under video surveillance at all times.
Restricted and Prohibited Items
The following items are only allowed with approval from the assessment center and may be inspected by the proctor:
- Cell phones, Bluetooth devices, MP3 players, iPods, headphones
- Hooded or pocketed shirts, coats, scarves, hats (non-religious)
- Food, drinks, gum
- Watches, Fitbits, large jewelry, sunglasses.
- Keys, wallets, purses, backpacks, briefcases
- Pens, mechanical pencils
- Scratch paper
If you have a documented accommodation and need to arrange for testing, please visit the Student Access & Disabilities Services webpage for more information and next steps before scheduling your testing appointment.