ECC’s Testing Center offers placement tests, make-up exams, and much more.
Testing can help ensure you're taking the right classes and prepare you for your next step. ECC's Testing Center can assist you with placement tests, make-up tests, certification exams, and more. Most services are for incoming ECC students, but we also offer high school students tests and certification exams and are open to the broader community.
The ECC Testing Center offers makeup exams for students with an instructor-accepted excuse for not testing during an on-campus exam. The Testing Center cannot service online exam proctoring at this time.
If an instructor approves, students can take an exam missed in class in the Testing Center. To do that, the instructor must submit the proctoring exam instructions. The student must schedule a Make-up Test appointment for two business days before testing through this Register Blast Exam Registration link.
Before You Take Your Test
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing, such as a driver's license, passport, government-issued ID card, military ID card, or school ID with a photo.
- Electronic devices, mechanical pencils, and all personal items are not permitted in the testing room. You must place items in a locker before testing.
- Calculators are allowed for specific tests. If a personal calculator is permitted, it will be examined before testing.
- Talking is not allowed in the testing room.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Once a test is issued, you must complete it in one sitting.
- Tests will not be administered 90 minutes before closing.
- You must turn in all tests and materials at least ten minutes before closing.
- Acts of dishonesty are subject to disciplinary actions.
- The Testing Center is under video surveillance at all times.
Restricted and Prohibited Items
The following items are only allowed with approval from the assessment center and may be inspected by the proctor:
- Cell phones, Bluetooth devices, MP3 players, iPods, headphones
- Hooded or pocketed shirts, coats, scarves, hats (non-religious)
- Food, drinks, gum
- Watches, Fitbits, large jewelry, sunglasses.
- Keys, wallets, purses, backpacks, briefcases
- Pens, mechanical pencils
- Scratch paper
If you have a documented accommodation and need to arrange for testing, please visit the Student Access & Disabilities Services webpage for more information and the next steps before scheduling your testing appointment. Students with accommodations, please follow these steps:
- Extra Time:
- Schedule the test/quiz at the ECC Testing Center two business days before the test/quiz through this Register Blast Exam Link.
- Students must use the instructions from the Student Access and Disabilities Services office to ensure accommodations are applied to the testing appointment.
- Reader/scribe/assistive technology on the computer/private room:
- Email email@example.com two weeks before the test/quiz.