Engineering Pathways Program
How It Works
For students interested in transferring to The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), the Engineering Pathways program offers qualifying students guaranteed admission. Taking advantage of this opportunity helps save on tuition costs and benefits from Elgin Community College's smaller class sizes and highly personalized academic transfer planning.
Once admitted, ECC students follow a prescribed Engineering Pathways program of study, earning a 3.5 cumulative GPA in technical coursework. After completing the Associate in Engineering Science after their first two years at ECC, students then transfer to UIUC to complete their Engineering degree. Students successfully completing the Engineering Pathways plan of study at ECC are guaranteed transfer into The Grainger College of Engineering at UIUC.
- Follow the Engineering Pathways plan of study.
- Earn a B or better in each required course.
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA overall and in technical coursework*.
- Meet with your advisors regularly.
- Note: Students are expected to complete all courses they enroll in; dropping/withdrawing or failing to earn a “B or better” in a required course will jeopardize program standing.
- See application deadlines.
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Elgin Community College as your Engineering Pathways partner school.
- Complete assessment testing
- The math assessment (ALEKS) is mandatory and may not be waived.
- Reading/writing assessments may be completed according to individual school policy.
- Submit The Grainger College of Engineering at UIUC Engineering Pathways application
- Save your file as Pathways School_Last Name_First Name.
- Send your official high school transcripts (see application).
Technical coursework includes chemistry, computer science, math, physics, and engineering.