Public Safety Training Center
- ECC’s Public Safety Training Center will provide classes and training for law enforcement, firefighters, and emergency medical technicians.
- Proposed facility features include a burn tower, fire fighter and police training programs, and classrooms.
- 119.7 acres have been purchased outside Burlington (east on Plank Road).
- ECC is working with the architects and construction managers to finalize the design plan, but phase one construction will include:
- 18,300-square-foot academic building with space for future simulation training equipment.
- An 11,900-square-foot apparatus building, including classrooms and two bays for training on fire and police equipment.
- A three-story burn tower used for simulating residential and commercial fires.
- A 139,400-square-foot driving pad which includes a 28,200-square-foot skid pad.
- A drafting pond will provide water for firefighter training, and a second pond will be used for search and rescue training.
- The remaining bid packages will be issued in fall 2014.
For business opportunities, please contact Melissa Tait, senior director of business services, at 847-214-7365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.