Public safety training center construction.
Teams and Details
Paul Dawson, Managing Director of Construction Projects
Shales McNutt Construction
Elgin, IL 60123 John Shales
Bill Templin, DLA Architects
Two Pierce Place, Suite 1300
Itasca, IL 60143
Tel: 847-742-4063 ext. 125
Public Safety Training Center
- ECC’s Public Safety Training Center will provide classes and training for law enforcement, firefighters, and emergency medical technicians.
- Proposed facility features include a burn tower, fire fighter and police training programs, and classrooms.
- 119.7 acres in Burlington (east on Plank Road).
- 18,300-square-foot academic building with space for future simulation training equipment.
- An 11,900-square-foot apparatus building, including classrooms and two bays for training on fire and police equipment.
- A three-story burn tower used for simulating residential and commercial fires.
- A 139,400-square-foot driving pad which includes a 28,200-square-foot skid pad.
- A drafting pond will provide water for firefighter training, and a second pond will be used for search and rescue training.
Sitework began in fall 2014. Anticipated completion date is winter/spring 2016.
For business opportunities, contact Melissa Tait, senior director of business services, at 847-214-7365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.