Education and Workforce Center
In Hanover Park
The Education and Work Center (EWC) in Hanover Park will observe the following hours during the holidays:
- Tuesday-Friday, Dec 9-12: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Dec 15-19: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 22: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 23: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24 – Thursday, Jan. 1: Closed
- Friday, Jan. 2: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Jan. 5-9: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The EWC will resume normal hours of operation on Monday, Jan. 12.
||Elgin Community College, Harper College and Chicago-Cook Workforce partnership will offer day and evening classes and career skills development at our new extension site.
- English as a second language (ESL)
- Adult basic education
- GED in English and Spanish
Benefit from basic advising, financial aid, scholarship, and college application assistance for Elgin Community College and Harper College. There will also be an on-site WorkNet® Center with career resources, workshops, training assistance, volunteer, and job opportunities.
To register for classes, please bring the following:
- Photo ID
- Letter of separation from high school (only for those 16-17 years of age)
- Proof of public assistance; L.I.N.K. or medical card (only for those receiving public assistance)
Approximately $192,058 (34%) of the Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Program cost at William Rainey Harper College and $436,363 (35%) of the Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Program cost at Elgin Community College are federally funded under Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.