For all ECC's updates and information regarding COVID-19, visit elgin.edu/emergencymanagement.
We are all concerned about the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Elgin Community College. Working together as a team, the college continues to monitor the situation diligently. We have put several precautionary measures into place to limit potential exposure while assessing our policies and procedures. In addition to convening a weekly meeting with Cabinet to discuss our response and holding daily briefings in our Emergency Operations Center, we have:
- Postponed our study abroad programs scheduled to travel to Italy this summer.
- Suspended all ECC-sponsored out-of-state travel effective 3/16/20 until 4/30/20. There are no restrictions on in-state travel at this time.
- Scheduled a deep cleaning of our campus bathrooms, surfaces, floors, and other areas during spring break, in addition to maintaining CDC-recommended cleaning protocols.
- Purchased additional disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer stations to be placed throughout campus. (Once installed, please let us know if there are additional places to locate supplies.)
- Updated our business continuity plan in the unlikely event of a campus closure.
- Created a comprehensive communications plan to keep you informed, including a page dedicated to COVID-19 updates and resources on the ECC Website.
Employees and students who have personal travel plans during spring break should take precautions. Specifically, if you plan to travel to a country under a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Level 3 Travel Advisory, you should contact your medical provider upon return. You may be asked to self-isolate for 14 days as a precaution for your own benefit and the health and safety of the college community. Additionally, if you plan to travel to other areas (including domestically) and experience flu-like symptoms, you must contact a medical provider when you return. You must also receive medical clearance before coming to campus.
Your well-being is of the utmost importance. We will continue to make decisions based on expert recommendations in partnership with the Kane County Health Department (KCHD) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). As information continues to evolve rapidly, we are committed to providing you with regular updates. A set of FAQs specific to ECC students and employees is available on the coronavirus resources section of our emergency management page.
Business matters unrelated to emergency management efforts may be impacted or delayed as we devote our time and attention to addressing this high-priority situation.
Thank you for your partnership, patience, and input as we work together to keep our campus healthy for students, employees, and visitors.
For additional information:
Employees: contact Anthony Ray, Chief Human Resources Officer at Aray@elgin.edu
Students: contact Dr. Gregory D. Robinson, Assistant Vice-President of Student Services and Development / Dean of Students, at Deanofstudentsservices@elgin.edu
Emergency preparedness: contact Emily Kies, Senior Director of Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.