Participate in SERVE
Volunteer and receive college credits!
Students Educationally Receiving Volunteer Experience (SERVE) is a free credit class (GSD 150) where students volunteer at an approved agency in exchange for college credit. Students may choose where to volunteer. If they are currently volunteering, they can receive credit too. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, tutoring, literacy training, neighborhood improvement, increasing environmental safety, animal shelter care, assisting the elderly or disabled, and providing mental health care. SERVE is flexible with scheduling as hours and days are determined by participants and their agency supervisor.
- Document the number of hours that satisfy the credit hour you seek.
- Complete a 500-word essay on your experiences with your volunteer agency.
- Complete all necessary forms within the program.
Credit Hour Options
- One (1) credit for 64 hours of volunteering during the semester.
- One-half (.5) credit for 32 hours of volunteering during the semester.
- COL 101 College 101: Student Success
- GSD 101 Keys to Success
- GSD 120 Exploring Careers and College Majors
- GSD 123 Peer Educator Development
- GSD 150 SERVE - Volunteer
- GSD 160 Job Search Strategies
Stop by the office of Student Life to pick up a packet about the SERVE Program, or contact the director of orientation & student life at 847-214-7423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.