ECC is committed to supporting students who will be transitioning to alternative modes of instruction, particularly online, and addressing the technology needs of ECC students to the greatest extent possible. This initiative is in line with the college’s Shared Value of Equity by ensuring students who do not currently have access to the technology needed are helped with a smooth transition to online instruction. We offer laptops, Chromebooks, and graphing calculators. Learn more about student success online
The portal offers features that will help you conveniently navigate ECC resources and systems in one easy-to-use location!
- You need your user ID | show me my user ID
- You need your password | get/reset my password
- With credentials login
How to Get/Reset accessECC Portal Password
- Navigate to Get/Reset Password screen.
- Enter your user ID.
- Enter a new password.
On the accessECC login page, click on “New Users Start Here.” Next, click “Show me my User ID and Student/Employee ID.” Next, enter your last name, your birthday (MM/DD/YYYY), and your ECC ID number; you can find this on your welcome letter or the last four digits of your social security number.
The system will prompt you to create three security questions. Use the dropdown arrows to select your preferred questions. Then enter answers that you will remember. Remember that your responses are case sensitive. ECC staff cannot access your answers. You may only reset your answers in person at the First Stop desk with a valid photo ID.
After submitting your information and security questions, you will be shown your user ID and your student ID number. Make a note of this important information.
Click on “Get/Reset my Password,” then enter your user ID if it is not displayed and click “Submit.” Answer the security questions and enter the numeric code shown on the screen. You will then have the option to choose where to receive your validation code. You can usually receive the code by email or text. If there is no validation information shown, please contact 847-214-7570.
Creating Your Password
Your password must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least eight characters.
- Include upper- and lower-case letters.
- Include a number.
- May not include any part of your name.
For most of your transactions, you'll rely on the Self Service app. Once you are logged in the accessECC, click the "Student" tab along the top left navigation bar, which opens with a new tab on your screen. From there, Self Service is located with the ECC Apps menu.
Within the Self Service app, you can do the following:
- The Student Finance section is where you will view your billing statement, make payments, or set up a payment plan.
- The Financial Aid section is where you can view your FAFSA, see where you are in the financial aid process, and review your award letters.
- Tax Information is where you will find your 1098-T information.
- Academic Planning & Registration will allow you to search for courses, plan your semester, and register for course sections.
Once you are logged in the accessECC, click the "Student" tab along the top left navigation bar, which opens with a new tab on your screen. From there, Student Email is located with the ECC Apps menu.
Use your user ID and password to login to your student email. Student email addresses include your first initial, last name, and the last four digits of your ECC ID number.
Check this mailbox frequently. ECC faculty and staff will send you essential information to your student email address. You can forward this email to your personal email for easier monitoring.
There are many features for students and employees that will make their online experience easier and more efficient.
- Calendar-On the left-hand side of the screen there will be a calendar that will automatically populate your classes after you register. It is also linked with your student email account so any reminders you have posted will be visible here as well.
- Notifications-There will be a notification box on the front page of your accessECC account warning you that there is something that needs to be cleared up before you can access your records.
- Quick link to student email account-Under the ECC APPS box, you will find a link entitled Student Email. If you click on this link you will be brought to the log in screen for your student email account.
- Easy access to D2L and other ECC apps-Under the ECC Apps tab, you will find quick and easy access to D2L and many other useful web services.
- Announcements-Campus-wide important due dates and other announcements will be clearly visible on the front page of your accessECC account, so that you can easily find out when payment is due or when you need to apply for graduation among other vital deadlines.
- Student reference links-Links to valuable resources and information located on elgin.edu.
Those two programs are run by software that is not yet compatible with the current accessECC system. We are exploring the possibilities of a single log-in feature and are looking forward to implementing it in the future.
Log into accessECC, click on the Student tab. (If you don’t see the Student tab, please call 847-214-7570 to have that inserted.) Next click on the Student tab in the middle column, then under the Self-Service Menu, click on Students, then Student Records and Schedule. Next, click on Transcript Request and follow the directions on the page.
To find out the cost of individual course fees, click on the course title in the section details of the course you are interested in. After you’ve registered online, check your statement. See answer below for “When will I receive my registration/billing statement”. View current tuition rates.
Registration/billing statements are available online as soon as you register. Statements are no longer mailed. Here is how to get your statement:
- While logged into the student portal, choose “Account Activity” in the Student Account menu.
- The “Make A Payment” screen will appear. Choose the “Account Activity” tab located near the top left of your screen.
- Select the desired term and click “View Statement”.
- To print the statement, click on the printer icon located in the lower center of your screen.
See answer above.
At this time, the statement does not display a due date. Please refer payment calendar to find out the payment due date each term. Make sure you set up a payment plan or pay in full before 7pm by the designated due date each term. If you enroll on or after the payment due date, your payment is due by 7 pm the next calendar day.
The Account Activity and Pay in Full menu choices will open a new tab called “ECC Student Self Service”. To go back to the main Student menu, simply click the tab called “WebAdvisor for Students”.
Go to the Make a Payment tab. Click on the “Payment Plan” icon located on the left side of the screen. Follow the instructions on the page.
Financial aid posts to students accounts after the term starts. You can verify that your financial aid was processed by viewing your award letter online. You can find your award letter in the Student Financial Aid Menu of accessECC. If you have an award letter and maintain eligibility, your aid will post after the term starts. To get specific registration, payment and financial aid dates, view the academic calendar and print the PDF for the year desired. The second page will list specific dates by term.
The Department of Education (DOE) charges a processing fee for each loan. For complete details visit the DOE website at ed.gov
If you were dropped for non-payment, the class charges will be removed from your account activity. If you no longer see the charges, you most likely have been dropped for non-payment and should re-enroll. Check your class schedule first.
On June 30 each year, ECC transfers current unpaid balances within our student financial system to an outstanding account for tracking purposes. The system uses the term “payment” to describe this transfer even though no student payments were made. This process has no effect on your balance.
Preferred Name Personal Pronoun FAQ
Chosen (Preferred) Name Updates:
Personal Pronoun Updates:
- Log into the portal (portal.elgin.edu) and click on the Self-Service button.
- Once logged on to Self-Service, click on your accessECC ID in the upper right hand corner and select User Profile from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Edit Personal Identity Button, make your selections and press Save.
- The information is saved immediately and you will see it now to the right of your photo.
Your legal name on record will always appear below your photo on the Self-Service User Profile screen. This is provided for your information only. To the right of your photo you will see your Chosen (Preferred) Name, Personal Pronouns and Gender Identity that ECC has on record for you
Please see below for a current list of systems updated to display chosen (preferred) name. Every effort has been made to display chosen (preferred) name primarily or solely in student- and faculty-facing systems, unless otherwise required by law.
The following systems have been updated to display the chosen (preferred) name:
- Apply Online & Inquire Online for potential new students
- Create Labels by Sections (XLBS) Report
- ECC Computers Login Screen
- Facilities Rental Request
- Google/Gmail Display Name
- Marketing Queries (XMKT) Report
- Outlook/Exchange Display Name
- Photo ID system
- Safe Colleges Training Site
- Self-Service Faculty Views (Roster, Attendance, Grading)
- Self-Service User Profile
- Spartan Success
- Staff view of Colleague User Interface (UI) (Context Card and Search Results)
- Team Sites
There are hundreds of systems and/or processes used at ECC that include a person’s name; therefore, the list of changes to complete by January 2021 needed to be prioritized. Following is a list of systems and/or processes that currently include a person’s legal name. These systems and processes will be evaluated in 2021 to determine if the legal name will be replaced with the chosen (preferred) name. Every effort will be made to ensure that your chosen (preferred) name is used in locations where legal name is not required by law. Once priorities are identified, work will continue throughout the 2021 year to make the identified changes.
- Communications from ECC Departments
- Mobile GO: Faculty Directory
- Organizational charts
- Other Software Systems including but not limited to the AIM Disability System, eTalent, eTime, RAVE, SmartEvals, Terra Dotta, SARS, and the Library software.
- Password Management System
- Phone directories on elgin.edu and eNet
- Reports (Informer/XScreens) and Processes run by ECC Departments
- Official Academic Documents
- Financial Documents
- Financial Aid
- Pay Advices
- Purchase Orders
- Student Accounts
- Tax Documents
- Legal Documents
- System Accounts*
- accessECC ID
- ECC Email address
˟Students may request that their chosen (preferred) name be used when submitting the Application for Graduation.
*Exceptions can be made by special request to change first initial only.
In the example below, the student’s legal name is Ellen Page and his chosen/preferred name is Elliot.
- The Faculty view of the information in their class roster looks like this. This is also the name they will see in D2L. For a list of training videos that display these views, go to the CETL website (Note: Faculty roster and grading views will display sections for active terms and the attendance list will appear on the section start date. In the Spartan Success tool, please be aware that your section(s) will not be visible until the section start date; they will remain visible for seven (7) days past the last date of the section.)
All college facilities and locations will be closed in observance of the following: