Are you getting ready to graduate? Congratulations!
Before you can get your diploma, you'll need to make sure you've fulfilled the requirements for your program and complete the graduation application through the accessECC portal.
ECC holds commencement ceremonies in May and December each year if you have already submitted your graduation application and have changed your mind about participating in the ceremony.
- You must apply to graduate whether or not you plan to be recognized in the graduation ceremony.
- You will order regalia (your cap & gown) at no charge using the online graduation application by providing your height and weight.
- In April, look to your ECC student email for information about how and when you will receive your regalia and directions for the virtual opportunities.
To be eligible to graduate with a degree or certificate, you'll need to:
- Complete the graduation application during the semester in which you will complete your requirements whether or not you intend to participate in commencement ceremonies.
How to Find the Graduation Application
- Log-in to accessECC | Log-in help
- From the 'ECC Apps' menu, select the Self-Service app.
- Select Graduation Overview to proceed.
- Select Apply next to the program of study from which you want to apply to graduate.
- In the Graduation Overview, you will see your active program(s). If you do not see the program from which you wish to graduate, please email email@example.com with your name, student ID, and the program from which you intend to graduate, and we will add it for you.
- If you've attended other institutions, ensure ECC has your official transcripts.
- Meet the specific requirements for your degree or certificate, as outlined in the college catalog in effect when you enrolled.
- If you have any course substitutions, get the course substitution form signed by the appropriate instructional dean, and they will be submitted to the Records Office.
- Suppose you wish to earn more than one transfer degree. In that case - you will need to submit a to the Associate Dean of Advising, Transfer & Career Development Services.
- Meet the Academic Residency requirements.
Deadlines for Filing Graduation Applications
- May graduates: March 1
- August graduates: July 1
- December graduates: October 1 (if you completed your degree or certificate in August and wish to be recognized in the December graduation ceremony)
Diplomas are mailed approximately eight weeks after the semester ends.
Graduating with Honors
You will receive a diploma with honors if you graduate with the following GPA.
- High honors: Cumulative GPA of 3.5 to 4.0 GPA for a transfer degree and GPA of 3.5 to 4.0 in courses that apply to an applied science degree or certificate.
- Honors: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 to 3.49 for a transfer degree and GPA of 3.0 to 3.49 in courses that apply to an applied science degree or certificate.
- See how credits transferred in from other institutions are used to calculate your graduation GPA.