ECC is committed to supporting students who will be transitioning to alternative modes of instruction, particularly online, and to addressing the technology needs of ECC students to the greatest extent possible. This initiative is in line with the college’s Shared Value of Equity, by making sure students who do not currently have access to the technology needed are helped with a smooth transition to online instruction. Learn more about student success online
If you checked out a Chromebook in Spring 2020 and need it for summer classes, please let us know at email@example.com.
For those students requiring WiFi access, Comcast is offering new customers 60 days of FREE Internet Essentials service for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area.
- Please call the phone numbers provided (855-846-8376 English or 855-765-6995 Spanish)
- When you call the number, you will be asked for the following information:
- Parent contact information (Name, address, etc.)
- School name (Elgin Community College), address (1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123) and student ID#
- You need to confirm that you are part of one of the following programs by merely saying YES (No documentation required). If you answer YES to any of the above programs, you will be given two options to receive the equipment for the FREE 60-day internet.
- The National School Lunch Program (Free or reduced lunch)
- Public housing assistance
- SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits
- TANF: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- SSI: Supplemental Security Income
- Head Start
- LIHEAP: Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- WIC: Women, Infants, and Children program
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT
- VA PENSION
- Tribal assistance
- Pick up equipment from a local Comcast provider to set up on your own (quickest way to get access)
- Set up an appointment to have a representative come out and set up the equipment for you.
If you need a Chromebook or WiFi access, do not have these resources at home, and were unable to check out a Chromebook on campus, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your full name and student ID number as well as the resources you require, and we will see what we can do to help.
ECC has two wireless networks: Public and Secure. Both feature high-speed connections with lots of access points. The public network is best for laptops and will remember your computer for up to a week, whereas the secure network is ideal for phones and will remember your device until your password changes. Either way, you'll use your AccessECC username and password.
ECC Public is recommended for guests, community members, students, faculty, and staff. Use the wireless network finder on your computer to connect to 'ECC Public,' and sign in. The public network will remember your computer and instantly reconnect for up to a week.
ECC Secure is available to students, faculty, and staff. Connect manually or use our registration tool to configure your device for ECC Secure automatically.
- Automatic Setup: Use the device registration on your Windows, Mac, or iOS device. If you are on campus, you can also register here.
- Manual Setup: Use the wireless tool on your device to connect to 'ECC Secure.' When prompted, enter your AccessECC username and password. You'll also need to verify the security certificate; select 'Trust' when asked. This prompt may occur twice.
- Android phones and Chromebooks: These devices may require additional steps. See below:
- Uncheck "verify certificate"
- Look for one of these connection options, and choose the one you see on your device:
- Most Android phones ask for an 'identity.' This is your accessECC username. Leave the anonymous identity area blank.