ECC is committed to supporting students who will be transitioning to alternative modes of instruction, particularly online, and to addressing the technology needs of ECC students to the greatest extent possible. This initiative is in line with the college’s Shared Value of Equity, by making sure students who do not currently have access to the technology needed are helped with a smooth transition to online instruction. Learn more about student success online
If you checked out a Chromebook in Spring 2020 and need it for summer classes, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The portal offers features that will help you navigate ECC resources and systems, conveniently in one easy-to-use location!
- You need your user ID | show me my user ID
- You need your password | get/reset my password
- With credentials login
How to Get/Reset accessECC Portal Password
- Navigate to Get/Reset Password screen.
- Enter your user ID.
- Enter new password.
There are many features for students and employees that will make their online experience easier and more efficient.
- Calendar-On the left-hand side of the screen there will be a calendar that will automatically populate your classes after you register. It is also linked with your student email account so any reminders you have posted will be visible here as well.
- Notifications-There will be a notification box on the front page of your accessECC account warning you that there is something that needs to be cleared up before you can access your records.
- Quick link to student email account-Under the ECC APPS box, you will find a link entitled Student Email. If you click on this link you will be brought to the log in screen for your student email account.
- Easy access to D2L and other ECC apps-Under the ECC Apps tab, you will find quick and easy access to D2L and many other useful web services.
- Announcements-Campus-wide important due dates and other announcements will be clearly visible on the front page of your accessECC account, so that you can easily find out when payment is due or when you need to apply for graduation among other vital deadlines.
- Student reference links-Links to valuable resources and information located on elgin.edu.
Those two programs are run by software that is not yet compatible with the current accessECC system. We are exploring the possibilities of a single log-in feature and are looking forward to implementing it in the future.
Log into accessECC, click on the Student tab. (If you don’t see the Student tab, please call 847-214-7570 to have that inserted.) Next click on the Student tab in the middle column, then under the Self-Service Menu, click on Students, then Student Records and Schedule. Next, click on Transcript Request and follow the directions on the page.
To find out the cost of individual course fees, click on the course title in the section details of the course you are interested in. After you’ve registered online, check your statement. See answer below for “When will I receive my registration/billing statement”. View current tuition rates.
Registration/billing statements are available online as soon as you register. Statements are no longer mailed. Here is how to get your statement:
- While logged into the student portal, choose “Account Activity” in the Student Account menu.
- The “Make A Payment” screen will appear. Choose the “Account Activity” tab located near the top left of your screen.
- Select the desired term and click “View Statement”.
- To print the statement, click on the printer icon located in the lower center of your screen.
At this time, the statement does not display a due date. Please refer payment calendar to find out the payment due date each term. Make sure you set up a payment plan or pay in full before 7pm by the designated due date each term. If you enroll on or after the payment due date, your payment is due by 7 pm the next calendar day.
The Account Activity and Pay in Full menu choices will open a new tab called “ECC Student Self Service”. To go back to the main Student menu, simply click the tab called “WebAdvisor for Students”.
Go to the Make a Payment tab. Click on the “Payment Plan” icon located on the left side of the screen. Follow the instructions on the page.
Financial aid posts to students accounts after the term starts. You can verify that your financial aid was processed by viewing your award letter online. You can find your award letter in the Student Financial Aid Menu of accessECC. If you have an award letter and maintain eligibility, your aid will post after the term starts. To get specific registration, payment and financial aid dates, view the academic calendar and print the PDF for the year desired. The second page will list specific dates by term.
The Department of Education (DOE) charges a processing fee for each loan. For complete details visit the DOE website at ed.gov
If you were dropped for non-payment, the class charges will be removed from your account activity. If you no longer see the charges, you most likely have been dropped for non-payment and should re-enroll. Check your class schedule first.
On June 30 each year, ECC transfers current unpaid balances within our student financial system to an outstanding account for tracking purposes. The system uses the term “payment” to describe this transfer even though no student payments were made. This process has no effect on your balance.