Looking for the greatest minds on campus?
Library Services Services will be available to students remotely
Due dates have been moved to the end of the semester. If you need further assistance, please email the circulation desk, email@example.com.
Borrowing Library Materials
All students and staff at ECC, as well as any residents (18 years or older) of Community College District 509, are eligible for borrowing privileges. A physical ID is required to check out physical library materials (e.g. books, DVDs, etc.). ECC Library FAQ.
Returning Library Materials
A library return box has been installed at Parking Lot C; as you go around the curve near Building C, Library, making dropping off library materials such as books and DVDs easier. View return box on campus map.
- Collaboration with faculty on library research assignments.
- Library workshops for classes.
- Student research appointments with a librarian.
- Library reference.
- Employee library workshops and research appointments.
- One-on-one reference service.
- Conduct research for ECC faculty, staff and administration.
- Provide library programs on academic issues, cultural events and campus-wide activities.
- A collection of more than 65,000 books, CDs, recorded books, videos and DVDs.
- Print collection of magazines, journals and newspapers.
- Online access to thousands of full text journals and magazines in library subscription databases, available to students on and off campus.
- Public access computers on the ECC student network with Internet access, word processing and other software and computer print station.
- Video and DVD viewing stations, CD players, copiers, text enlarger.
- ECC archives.
- Course reserve materials.
Elgin Community College and it faculty, administration, support staff and students will comply with the copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Renner Academic Library
Monday through Thursday: 7:45 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All college facilities and locations will be closed in observance of the following: