Get real-world career experience.
An internship is a great way to make connections, build your résumé, apply what you are learning in the classroom, and learn more about a career that interests you. Some internships even lead to full-time job offers!
And at ECC, internships are available in all career fields! Some of the organizations that students have interned at include:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab)
- Steve Dahl Show
- City of Elgin
- Elgin Sweeper
And many more!
How an Internship Works
- An internship must be closely aligned with your program of study.
- The duration is anywhere from 3 months – 1 year.
- Many internships are paid and you may be able to receive academic credit, depending on the program of study.
How Do You Get Started
Benefits of Hiring an Intern
- Identify qualified candidates in a variety of disciplines
- Hire enthusiastic students who are studying the most recent technologies and strategies
- Cost effective way to enhance your team’s strengths, increasing your productivity
- “Test Drive” potential employees & build a recruiting pipeline
- Mentor the future workforce