Career Exploration and Planning
Choose a major, explore careers, and prepare for a bright future.
Career Development Services offers all the resources you need to define your interests and launch a successful career. We’ll work with you from the day you enroll to graduation and beyond.
Identify Your Passion
The more you know about yourself, the better choices you’ll make when it comes to your career. ECC offers several tools to give you insights into your interests, personality type, and values:
- Career Assessment Package
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Values Assessment
- One-on-one career counseling
- FOCUS® 2, a personalized online planning tool.
- GSD 120: Exploring Careers and College Majors
- Check the current class schedule for sections and times.
Choose a Major
Not sure what you want to study? Meet with a career development specialist to investigate the options and find out what you can do with a variety of majors. Visit whatcanidowiththismajor.com/major to explore how your majors of interest connect to careers and employers.
Find an Internship
An internship is a great way to get real-world experience in the field. ECC is constantly expanding its strong employer network, giving you access to a world of opportunities. Learn more about internships.