Student-athletes at Elgin Community College compete on some of the best athletic fields in the area.
One of the finest baseball facilities in the state, ECC’s baseball field features a playing surface of Alabama crushed brick and 100 percent Kentucky bluegrass sod—the same sod used at Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers.
The outfield features an eight-foot-high wood fence, and the backstop sports a three-foot-high cement wall with netting.
With seating capacity for 500, the field also boasts an outdoor hitting facility with two 70-foot-long tunnels and four catch net stations where players can hone their skills.
The men’s and women’s soccer teams practice and compete on campus on a field that was built from scratch by our own grounds department. The field has become one of the nicer playing surfaces in the region.
A multipurpose athletic and event space on campus, Building J, Events Center features one of the best basketball facilities in the region. Features include:
- Three NCAA regulation basketball courts and volleyball courts.
- A suspended walking and running track with views to the main lobby and courts.
- A fully equipped fitness center.
- Dance studio, locker rooms, and concession stands.
Some ECC teams compete off campus at facilities including:
- The Elgin Sports Complex, a nearby facility boasting 10 lighted ball fields
- Centre Court Athletic Club in Hanover Park, a state-of-the-art facility with more than a dozen indoor tennis courts