Student-athletes at Elgin Community College compete on some of the best athletic fields in the area.
Spartan Baseball Field
One of the finest baseball facilities in the state, ECC’s baseball field features a playing surface of Alabama crushed brick and 100 percent Kentucky bluegrass sod—the same sod used at Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers.
The outfield features an eight-foot-high wood fence, and the backstop sports a three-foot-high cement wall with netting.
With seating capacity for 500, the field also boasts an outdoor hitting facility with two 70-foot-long tunnels and four catch net stations where players can hone their skills.
Spartan Soccer Field
The men’s and women’s soccer teams practice and compete on campus on a field that was built from scratch by our own grounds department. The field has become one of the nicer playing surfaces in the region.
Spartan Events Center
A multipurpose athletic and event space on campus, the Spartan Events Center features one of the best basketball facilities in the region. Features include:
- Three NCAA regulation basketball courts and volleyball courts
- A suspended walking and running track with views to the main lobby and courts
- A fully equipped fitness center
- Dance studio, locker rooms, and concession stands
Some ECC teams compete off campus at facilities including:
- The Elgin Sports Complex, a nearby facility boasting 10 lighted ball fields
- Centre Court Athletic Club in Hanover Park, a state-of-the-art facility with more than a dozen indoor tennis courts