The below update applies to the ECC Arts Center’s CenterStage roster of touring artists. The statuses of ECC performance ensemble events, in-residence ensemble events, and rental events scheduled for or typically held in the fall of 2020 are still being assessed.
ECC ARTS CENTER 2020 CENTERSTAGE SEASON UPDATE - 6/9/2020
After much discussion both internally and with our scheduled touring artists, the ECC Arts Center has made the decision to postpone our fall 2020 CenterStage season to spring 2021. This decision was not made lightly and takes into consideration a number of factors including the current difficulty surrounding artists’ tour logistics; making our large theatres available for potential classroom use while there is a need to maintain social distance; and, foremost, the health and safety of our performers, audiences, and community.
We would like to express our gratitude to both our CenterStage artists and their management teams for working with us to reschedule performance dates (many for a second time). Rescheduled dates and guidance for ticket buyers is included at the end of this update.
Our guiding mission for the last 10 years has been to “Do Art Differently.” We remain committed to creating unique and surprising art experiences within our community. However, during this time when it has become more difficult to make and experience performance, we’re now being guided by the words “Make Art Always.”
Art has been an integral source of connection, community, inspiration, relief, and hope throughout human history. We are committed to making art for you and with you in the days to come.
We are currently curating and crafting a “Make Art Always” digital performance season. This virtual season will present exclusive content from both professional performers as well as community/student artists and ensembles. More information on this season will be announced soon. We’ll also be asking for feedback and inviting you to make art with us throughout this process—because, as a community arts center, our art is for you.
Updates on the Arts Center’s season schedule (both virtual and in-house) will continue to be posted to this page and the Arts Center’s Facebook page.
2020 CenterStage Rescheduled Dates
The below events include four performances originally scheduled for spring 2020 and the two events we had announced for fall 2020. These events will be off sale while we contact ticket buyers to coordinate ticket transfers and refunds. These performances will go back on sale online on Wednesday, July 15. Please note that the ECC Arts Center Box Office remains closed at this time and our staff is working remotely.
- John Sebastian—NEW DATE: Friday, April 16, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
- Hyprov: Improv Under Hypnosis Starring Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci—NEW DATE: Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Max Weinberg’s Jukebox—NEW DATE: Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Sarah Vowell—NEW DATE: Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- The Finest Hour featuring Davina & the Vagabonds and Hot Club of Cowtown—NEW DATE: Friday, March 5, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
- Graham Nash—NEW DATE: Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
- For postponement/reschedule information on any community events renting the Arts Center, please visit the specific organizations’ websites for updates.
Remote Box Office Service
- In order to control call volume and ensure that all patrons are communicated with effectively, Arts Center staff will be contacting ticket buyers by phone in phases. This call schedule is listed below.
- Saturday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 24: Ticket buyers for Graham Nash; Hyprov: Improv Under Hypnosis Starring Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci; Max Weinberg
- Saturday, June 27 through Wednesday, July 8: Ticket buyers for John Sebastian; Sarah Vowell; The Finest Hour featuring Davina & the Vagabonds and Hot Club of Cowtown
- Ticket buyers will be offered the options of transferring their tickets to the new date, refunding their ticket purchase, or donating their ticket purchase back to the ECC Arts Center.
- Remote Box Office Hours are Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays 12-5 p.m. as well as by appointment. Our staff will provide instructions on setting up an appointment when they make their initial call. Please make sure that you check your voice mail messages as the box office will be calling from ECC-issued cell phones rather than the typical box office phone number.
Monday through Thursday 12 to 6 p.m.; Saturday 12 to 5 p.m.
We're also open 90 minutes prior to each performance, and remain open through intermission. Ways to get tickets
Children over the age of 5 are welcome to attend some performances. Please call the Arts Center box office at 847-622-0300 for specific event information.
The Arts Center is fully accessible which includes:
- Handicapped parking
- Seating and restrooms
If you'd like more information on these services. View disability services
The use of cameras and recording devices is strictly prohibited during ECC Arts Center events.
Food and drink are not allowed within the theatres with the exception of bottled water.
Theatre doors open approximately 30 minutes prior to performances.
All patrons, regardless of age, must purchase a ticket to be admitted to the theatre. Latecomers are seated at the discretion of management.
A $2 facility fee is added to each ticket. This fee defrays the cost of building security and maintenance. A $5 processing fee is added to all internet and phone orders.