ECC Theatre is holding auditions for:
By Jean Anouilh
A modern retelling translated by Barbara Bray
Directed by Susan A. Robinson
Audition Dates & Times
|Monday||February 11||6:30-10 p.m.||H245|
|Tuesday||February 12||6:30-10 p.m.||H245|
- We are seeking a diverse cast of 12-15 actors of all genders and ethnicities.
- Auditions are open to both students and community members ages 16 and up.
- Please prepare a 1-2 minute monologue (not from Antigone) for your audition and familiarize yourself with the play.
- To borrow a copy of the Antigone script to read prior to auditions or for help preparing an audition monologue, contact Susan A. Robinson at email@example.com.
- Rehearsals begin Monday, March 4 and continue Monday through Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Antigone performances are Fridays April 26 and May 3, Saturdays April 27 and May 4, Sundays April 28 and May 5, and Thursday, May 2.
About the Play
Antigone tells the story of a woman torn between doing what she believes is right and self-preservation. Inspired by Greek tragedian Sophocles’ play of the same name, Anouilh’s version was first performed in Nazi-occupied Paris in 1944. 75 years later, the play and the moral ambiguities it explores remain provocative and timely. Antigone is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.