ECC Theatre is holding auditions for:
By the United States Theatre Project
Written by Stephen Karam and PJ Paparelli
Dramaturgy by Patricia Hersch
Conceived by PJ Paparelli
Directed by Susan A. Robinson
Audition Dates & Times
|Tuesday||September 10||6:30-10 p.m.||H245|
|Wednesday||September 11||6:30-10 p.m.||H245|
Invited Call Backs: Friday, September 13 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Audition Location: Spartan Drive Campus, Building H | Campus Map
About the Play
A meeting of fact and fiction, columbinus explores the events surrounding the 1999 Columbine High School shootings. The play weaves together the words of parents, survivors, and community leaders as well as police evidence, bringing to light the dark recesses of American adolescence.
Content Advisory: columbinus explores the events surrounding the Columbine High School shootings in 1999. It includes simulated firearm sound effects, guns, violence, hate speech, sexual content, self-harm, and death. This production is not recommended for sensitive viewers or anyone under the age of 13.
- We are seeking a diverse cast of 10-12 actors of all genders and ethnicities.
- Auditions are open to both students and community members ages 16 and up.
- Please prepare a 1-2 minute monologue (not from columbinus) for your audition and familiarize yourself with the play.
- To borrow a copy of the columbinus script to read prior to auditions or for help preparing an audition monologue, contact Susan A. Robinson at email@example.com.
- Rehearsals begin Tuesday, September 24 and continue Monday through Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 10 p.m. columbinus performances are Fridays November 8 and 15, Saturdays November 9 and November 16, Sundays November 10 and 17, and Thursday, November 14.
columbinus is presented through special arrangement with Dramatic Publishing.
Want to receive ECC Theatre and Musical Theatre audition announcements?
The best way to receive audition information is to join the ECC Theatre and Musical Theatre audition email list. Join below!