ECC Theatre announces auditions for The Mel Brooks Musical Young Frankenstein.
Book by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan
Music and Lyrics by Mel Brooks
Directed by Sarafina Vecchio
Music Direction by Marc Beth
Choreography by Carlyn Vadnais
Audition Dates & Times
|Monday||November 26||Vocal/acting auditions 7-10 p.m.
Dance auditions: 8-10 p.m.
|Tuesday||November 27||Vocal/acting auditions 6-10 p.m.
Dance auditions: 8:30-10 p.m.
- Auditions are open to students and community members ages 16 and up.
- We are casting an ensemble of up to 20 singer/actors.
- Please prepare a 1-minute comic monologue.
- Please prepare a 32-bar music selection in the style of musical comedy to sing. (Please do not sing a song from Young Frankenstein.) Bring a copy of the sheet music for the accompanist; no a cappella singing or taped accompaniment is allowed.
- Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear for the dance audition.
- Rehearsals begin Monday, January 7 and continue Monday through Thursday evenings from 7 to 10 p.m. Young Frankenstein opens Friday, February 22 and runs weekends through Sunday, March 3.
About the Musical
It’s alive! This electrifying adaptation of Mel Brooks’ monstrously funny film will leave you in stitches. Grandson of the infamous Victor Frankenstein, Frederick Frankenstein (pronounced “Fronk-en-steen”)—with help from Igor (pronounced “Eye-gore”) and Inga (pronounced normally)—finds himself in the mad scientist shoes of his ancestors. Young Frankenstein is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
Contact director Amanda Schiferl, stage manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.