American Grands 25
Join almost 500 of your pianist colleagues in three performances of American Grands 25! The piano event of the year features an orchestra of pianists—24 play on each musical piece—performing on 12 grand pianos provided by Cordogan’s Pianoland, the event’s sponsor since its inception.
When: Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 1 p.m., 4 p.m. or 7 p.m.
Where: ECC Arts Center (Building H), Spartan Drive Campus | View campus map
Application and Acceptance
Information packet: View and print the Letter of Invitation.
Application process: The application process for American Grands 25 has ended. If you have questions, please contact Larry Dieffenbach at email@example.com.
- Acceptance letters were sent by email on Wednesday, October 9. If you did not receive an Acceptance Letter, please email Susanne Kepley at firstname.lastname@example.org. View and print the acceptance letter.
- The music pick up dates are Friday, October 25 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, October 26 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Participation fees: Pay the participation fee online. The deadline for online payment is Thursday, October 24 at 11:59 p.m. All major credit cards are accepted.
- To pay in person or by phone, visit or call the ECC Arts Center’s box office located in Building H on Elgin Community College’s Spartan Drive campus. The Box Office number is 847-622-0300. Box Office hours are 12-6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12-5 p.m. on Saturday. Cash, check, and all major credit cards are accepted by the box office. For maps and directions, visit elgin.edu/maps. Please note: we cannot accept payment by mail.
- All participation fee payments are non-refundable.
- Anyone who has not picked up their music or paid their participation fee after music pick-up has ended will be removed from the poster and their music will be reassigned.
Rehearsals and Performances
Performers may be required to play in two concerts. All performers must attend all three of their assigned rehearsals.
NEW THIS YEAR: All rehearsals will be held at the ECC Arts Center.
- VIEW AND PRINT THE DETAILED REHEARSAL SCHEDULE.
- Saturday, January 11, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center. Levels 4 and under will be on this date.
- Sunday, January 12, 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center. Levels 5 and above will be on this date.
- Tuesday, January 21, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center
- Wednesday, January 22, 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center
- Thursday, January 23, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center
- Friday, January 24, 4 p.m. to 9:40 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center
- Saturday, January 25 at 1 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center
- Saturday, January 25 at 4 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center
- Saturday, January 25 at 7 p.m. at the ECC Arts Center