Do Art Differently at the ECC Arts Center!
2020-2021 Season Updates
The below update applies to the ECC Arts Center’s CenterStage roster of touring artists and ECC Theatre's performance of As You Like It. The statuses of other ECC performance ensemble events, in-residence ensemble events, and rental events scheduled for or typically held in the fall of 2020 are still being assessed.
After much discussion both internally and with our scheduled touring artists, the ECC Arts Center has made the decision to postpone our 2020 CenterStage season to 2021. This decision was not made lightly and takes into consideration a number of factors including the current difficulty surrounding artists’ tour logistics; making our large theatres available for potential classroom use while there is a need to maintain social distance; and, foremost, the health and safety of our performers, audiences, and community.
We would like to express our gratitude to both our CenterStage artists and their management teams for working with us to reschedule performance dates. Rescheduled dates and guidance for ticket buyers is included at the end of this update.
Our guiding mission for the last 10 years has been to “Do Art Differently.” We remain committed to creating unique and surprising art experiences within our community. However, during this time when it has become more difficult to make and experience the performance, we’re now being guided by the words “Make Art Always.”
Art has been an integral source of connection, community, inspiration, relief, and hope throughout human history. We are committed to making art for you and with you in the days to come.
We are currently curating and crafting a “Make Art Always” digital performance season. This virtual season will present exclusive content from both professional performers as well as community/student artists and ensembles. We’ll also be asking for feedback and inviting you to make art with us throughout this process—because, as a community arts center, our art is for you.
Updates on the Arts Center’s season schedule (both virtual and in-house) will continue to be posted to this page and the Arts Center’s Facebook page.
The below events include CenterStage performances and ECC Theatre's fall production of As You Like It. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- ECC Theatre's As You Like It—This production will be moving forward as a virtual performance. As You Like It premieres on December 12 at 6 p.m. Ticket buyers: please see Remote Box Office Service information below.
- John Sebastian—Cancelled. John Sebastian has made the decision to retire from touring. As a result, his rescheduled performance date of April 16, 2021 has been canceled. Ticket buyers: please see Remote Box Office Service information below.
- Hyprov: Improv Under Hypnosis Starring Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci—Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 7 p.m. On sale now.
- Max Weinberg’s Jukebox— Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 7 p.m. On sale now.
- Sarah Vowell— Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 7 p.m. On sale now.
- The Finest Hour featuring Davina & the Vagabonds and Hot Club of Cowtown—NEW DATE: Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m. On sale now.
- Graham Nash— Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. On sale now.
- For postponement/reschedule information on any community events renting the Arts Center, please visit the specific organizations’ websites for updates.
Remote Box Office Service
- In order to control call volume and ensure that all patrons are communicated effectively, the Arts Center staff will be contacting ticket buyers by phone in phases. The current call schedule is below:
- Ticket buyers for John Sebastian, Hyprov, As You Like It, Sarah Vowell, Graham Nash, and Max Weinberg's Jukebox have already been contacted. If you have tickets to any of these events and have not spoken to our Remote Box Office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ticket buyers will be offered the option of transferring their tickets to the new date, refunding their ticket purchase, or donating their ticket purchase back to the ECC Arts Center.
- Remote Box Office Hours are Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays 12-5 p.m. as well as by appointment. Our staff will provide instructions on setting up an appointment when they make their initial call. Please make sure that you check your voice mail messages as the box office will be calling from ECC-issued cell phones rather than the typical box office phone number.
Still have questions?
Enjoy amazing artists in intimate theatres, delicious dinners paired with your event (we’re the only area arts center partnered with an award-winning culinary arts program), easy accommodations (parking is plentiful and free), plus some fun surprises (musicians and magicians have been known to pop up in our lobby).
Learn About the Arts Center
- Auditions, workshops, classes
- Gallery exhibits
- Press & media kit
- Patrons FAQ
- Rental information
- Arts Center sponsors
Arts Center Box Office
Building H, Room H143.03
The Box Office is currently closed but we do have staff working remotely. The best way to reach the Box Office during this time is by emailing email@example.com.