Grade Submission Procedure
The deadline for midterm grades is the Monday after your midterm date before 7 p.m. The Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) requires midterm certification of students enrolled in courses claimed for state funding.
Video instructions for grading and grade changes can be found here: ECC Faculty Self Service: Grading and Grade Changes
- Go to elgin.edu and choose the AccessECC Portal at the top of the page.
- From the login screen, type your user ID and password.
- On the top left of the portal, choose the “Employee” tab, go into the Self-Service App, choose Faculty, and choose the course.
- Choose “Grading”.
- Choose “Midterm 1”. Review the grade roster to ensure all students in your class appear on the roster. Send any students who do not appear to the Registration Office in B105. Students in cross-listed courses will be notated under the student’s name.
- Midterm grades are required for all students. Appropriate midterm grades include A, B, C, D, or F. Students who have never attended or who are not actively pursuing the course according to the attendance policy stated on your course syllabus should be assigned a midterm grade of W by the 10th day of the semester but no later than the date of the midterm. A midterm grade of CR is only appropriate for students eligible for a final grade of CR (e.g., pass/no credit) or those participating in approved experiential learning programs (e.g., internships, study abroad, clinicals). If you wish to drop a student after the midterm date of your class and before the last day to drop, submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s name, ID, and course information. Instructors cannot drop students after the last day to drop.
- After entering your midterm grades, return to the “Overview” tab to review your midterm grade entries.
Important Dates to Remember
Final grades are due by 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- 2021SP - May 24
- 2021SU - August 9
Incomplete Expiration Dates
- The college recommends completion within 120 calendar days after the last day of the course. For courses ending at the end of the semester, the dates are:
- 2020FA - April 17, 2021
- 2021SP - September 26, 2021
- 2021SU - December 3, 2022
- Log into your account. Choose the Employee tab on the top left of the screen. Go into the Self-Service App, choose Faculty, and choose the course.
- Choose “Grading”.
- Choose “Final Grade”
- Final grades are required for all students still enrolled in the course. Only Incomplete grades should have an expiration date. AU should only be entered for students auditing the course. CR/NC are only appropriate for pass/no credit courses. W is not an option for a final grade.
- Return to “Overview” to view your final grades. Grades will be verified by the records office.
- Log into your account. Choose the Employee tab on the top left of the screen. Go into the Self-Service App. Choose Faculty. At the top of the page, click Faculty, then click Grade Changes.
- Choose the term and click “Next”.
- Choose the course and click “Next”.
- Enter the new grade for the student. Only enter an expiration date for a new or extended Incomplete grade. Choose a reason from the dropdown menu. Click “Next”.
- Verify the information and click “Submit”. The records office will process the grade change.