Grade Submission Procedure
The deadline for midterm grades is the Monday after your midterm date before 7 p.m. The Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) requires midterm certification of students enrolled in courses claimed for state funding.
Drop Dates By Semester
- Go to elgin.edu and choose the accessECC Portal at the top of the page.
- From the login screen, type your user ID and password.
- On the top left of the portal choose the "Employee" tab, then scroll down to the Self-Service Menu on the left, then Faculty, Faculty information, and Grading.
- Choose 'Grading' then select a term (do not put in start/end dates).
- Click 'Submit' and proceed to the next set of options.
- Choose 'Midterm' in the drop-down box. A list of your classes will appear, select the section you wish to grade.
Review the grade roster to ensure all students sitting in class appear on this roster. Send any students in your class who do not appear on this roster to the Registration Center, building B, room B105. Your roster will show students who have dropped or who have been dropped from your class in the Course Status (Crs Stat) column. Students will have an “A” in the Pass/Audit field on the roster if they are auditing a class. Cross-listed classes will have one grading page for all sections; the sections will now be shown in the far right column.
- Midterm and final grades are required for all students. Appropriate midterm grades include, A, B, C, D or F. Students who have never attended or who are not actively pursuing the course according to the attendance policy stated on your course syllabus should be assigned a midterm grade of W by 10th day of the semester but no later than the date of midterm. A midterm grade of CR is only appropriate for students eligible for a final grade of CR (e.g. pass/no credit) or those participating in approved experiential learning programs (e.g. internships, study abroad, clinicals). If you wish to drop a student after the midterm date of your class and before the last day to drop, submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s name, ID, and course information. Instructors cannot drop students after the last day to drop.
- Click 'Submit' after you've entered all the grades.
- After you submit your grades, you will see a grading confirmation page and the message, "Your changes have been saved. Modified records are shown below." This will allow you to view what was submitted and know that your submission was saved. At this point select 'OK' at the bottom of the screen.
'X' will close out the screen and your information will be erased.
- Logout and then log back in and review to ensure grades were accepted. If you see the grades you submitted then you know we have them too. Emails are no longer required.
Important Dates to Remember
Final grades are due by the following dates, per semester:
- 2019SP - Monday, May 20, before 4 p.m.
- 2019SU - Monday, August 12, before 4 p.m.
- 2019FA - Monday, December 16, before 4 p.m.
Review Grade Roster
- If entering a grade of incomplete (I), an expiration date is required. The college recommends completion within 120 calendar days after the last day of the course. For courses ending at the end of the semester the dates are:
- 2019SP - September 17, 2019
- 2019SU - December 6, 2019
- 2019FA - April 10, 2020
- If a student is auditing the course an AU should be entered as the final grade.
- Please remember that a W is not an option for a final grade for students still enrolled.
- Log into your account. Choose the Employee tab on the top left of the screen. Choose Faculty, Faculty Information, click grading.
- Review the grade roster. If entering a grade of incomplete (I), an expiration date is required. The 120-day date for 2019SP the date is September 17, 2019, for 2019SU the date is December 6, 2019, and for 2019FA the date is April 10, 2020. If a student is auditing the course an AU should be entered as the final grade. Please remember that a W is no longer an option for a final grade for students still enrolled.
- Log out and then log in again and review to ensure grades were accepted. Emails are no longer required.
If you need to change an incomplete or a final grade, please use the employee portal. Select 'Grade Changes' from the faculty information section of the faculty tab on the 'Self Service' menu.