Priority Permits for Early Registration
Think of priority permits as your personal reservation to begin the registration process.
Priority permits are for current credit students only. Once your assigned date and time have passed, you may register online. If you need assistance you may call Registration & Records Office at 847-214-7393 or drop-in by visiting Building B, Room B105 during regular office hours.
For Best Results
- Settle any outstanding financial obligations with the college before registering.
- Make sure you've met your course prerequisites.
Pre-select Your Classes Before Your Priority Permit Date
Search classes now... select now... register later. The classes you select remain on your list until you can complete the registration process or remove them from your list.
- Pre-selecting saves you time on your registration day
- Pre-selecting does not cost you anything
- Pre-selecting a class does not guarantee a seat in the class
- Pre-selecting does not check schedule conflicts, registration or financial restrictions, or prerequisites
Once you can register (your priority permit date/time has passed or during any open registration period):
- Quickly register for each class on your pre-selected list
- The registration process checks for schedule conflicts, restrictions, prerequisites and seat availability, and bills accordingly
Priority permits allow those closer to graduation to get the classes they need to graduate on time. It also helps prevent long lines at registration
It is based on the number of credit hours you’ve taken so far. The closer you are to graduation, the higher the priority.
To be fair to all, no one may register before their assigned time. However, you are allowed to pre-select your classes.
If you are enrolled this semester and did not receive a permit contact the registration office to obtain one. If you are not enrolled this semester, you may register once open registration begins. Orientation is required prior to enrolling for all first-time students attending college during fall and spring semesters.
Check the registration dates table to determine open registration date.
Orientation is required prior to enrolling for all first-time students attending college during fall and spring semesters.