Student Veteran-Focused Services
- Designated veteran coordinator on staff - Anitra King, veteran and student success specialist. Located in the Career Development Services Office, Building B, Room B120. Call 847-214-7531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assists with:
- Academic guidance and support needed to make the most of your educational experience.
- Helps with requesting your military transcripts for evaluation.
- In-processing veterans orientation.
- Career planning (for decided and undecided student veterans)
- Job-search assistance:
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Interviewing skills.
- Transition and life skills.
- Resources and referrals (within ECC and outside sources).
- Veteran retention.
Financial Benefits for Veterans
- Designated veteran benefits specialist on staff - VA Certifying Official, Samantha D’Alessandro, located in Financial Aid Office, Building B, Room B156. Call 847-214-7520 or email email@example.com.
- Answers questions, explain and certifies benefits (federal and state).
- Directs veterans/students to grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Awards veterans/students financial aid and answer financial aid questions.
Designated veteran academic advisor - Tiffany Bruno - Call 847-214-7390.
Policy on Transfer Credits - For all veterans and eligible persons, and evaluation of previous education and training can be conducted. Request your military transcript at jst.doded.mil. Appropriate credit is granted and can reduce some classes you may need to take.
The above website address has been verified by ECC to be legitimate.
Military Career, Job Sources, and Other Resources
- Undecided veterans looking at their options: mynextmove.org/vets
- Military Transferable Skills: Invisible assets and military to civilian transitions sample-resumes are available in the Career Development Office with Anitra King.
- Career Exploration: to see the military careers and how it relates to possible civilian careers, visit militarycareers.com
- The best place to find federal jobs for veterans:
Academic Support at ECC
- Computer labs
- Disability services
- Career development services
- Tutoring Center
- TriO student support services
- Campus and social networking events planned specifically for veterans.
- Military Branches United (MBU) - ECC club on campus.
- Charter Member since March 2013 of S.A.L.U.T.E. - Veterans National Honor Society, visit salute.colostate.edu for information.
Resources for the Community
ECC supports veteran students and community members. See all the resources available to you the veteran and your family.