Information regarding in-testing services.
Testing Services is offering remote testing for Reading, Writing, Math, and Geometry placement. Use the remote testing form on the placement tests page to select the test or tests you would like to take.
Limited On-Campus Testing
Plus, we are offering limited, appointment-only testing on-campus for the following areas:
- Certiport - MOS Certification
- ASE Certification
- Reading, Writing, Math and Language placement for those that do not have access to supported devices.
Dates, times, registration, and payment (if required), can be viewed and completed here on the online Exam Registration page.
What are proctored exams? An exam is given in a specific content area that is supervised by a neutral person. These exams are timed and require you to bring ID to double-check that the correct person is taking the test. Bring an unexpired driver's license, state ID card or passport with photo and signature. Bring your ECC ID number or ECC ID card. You can reserve a seat for your proctored exam using the links below. On the day of the test, please arrive 15 minutes before the test time.
To ensure we have a seat for you, please register for your proctored exam below.
HVAC – Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning
Students in ECC’s HVAC courses may apply for specific certifications, including EPA608 and residential exams. A fee is required for the EPA608 exam. Contact George Rosa for certification details by calling 847-214-7871, Building O, Room O153, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Technologies – Microsoft Certification Exams
Students in ECC's Digital Technology courses (CIS 241, CIS 242, CIS 243, and CIS 244) may apply for specific certifications (Word 2016 Core, Word 2016 Expert, Excel 2016 Core, Excel 2016 Expert, PowerPoint 2016, and/or Access 2016). The first exam is free for each course. Contact your instructor for certification details.
Students should create a Certiport account before coming to the test testing center on the date of the exam. Bring a photo id.
If you are a heritage speaker or are unsure of your Spanish language skills, consult with an academic advisor at ECC in Building B Room B120. Stop by the Student Success Center to receive a Spanish Placement Advisor Referral Form to take the WebCape Spanish placement exam. A minimum score of 3 is required to earn college credit through advanced placement testing.
WorkKeys® is a job skill assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a high-performance workforce. Through a series of tests, a person’s foundational and soft skills are measured. The goal of completing WorkKeys® testing is to prove your skills and be successful in your career. Visit act.org/workkeys for details.
Currently, ECC offers eight internet-based WorkKeys® exams:
- Applied math (also available in Spanish)
- Applied technology (also available in Spanish)
- Graphic literacy (also available in Spanish)
- Workplace documents (also available in Spanish)
- Business writing*
- Fit assessment
- Workplace observation
- Talent assessment
*Business Writing test results are available in 3-5 business days. All other exam results are available immediately.
WorkKeys® Curriculum Study Program
ECC also offers a study program for the WorkKeys® exams called WorkKeys Curriculum.
Successful completion of the WorkKeys® assessments in Applied Mathematics, Graphic Literacy, and Work Place Documents can lead to earning a National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT NCRC), a credential earned by more than 2.3 million people across the United States.
Before registering, read the following information:
- WorkKeys® exams are administered by appointment in the testing center, Building B, Room B115 on Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Fees are due on the day of the test and are non-refundable.
- Check the fees listed for your exam.
- On the day of the exam, bring a government-issued photo ID with signature.
- Download WorkKeys® testing fee form
ParaPro Assessment Teacher’s Aide Testing Using WorkKeys®
If you are currently working as a paraprofessional or would like to, the ACT WorkKeys PCTA Certificate is helpful to work as a teacher’s aide. ECC offers two WorkKeys® exams, including applied math and workplace documents.
ECC provides proctoring services for other colleges, universities, and companies. Proctored exams include Columbia College tests, Accuplacer tests, and Accuplacer tests for Northern Illinois University students.
- Submit your school’s proctor request form to the testing manager at email@example.com or send via mail to Elgin Community College, testing center, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123.
- Call the testing center at 847-214-7150 at least 24 hours before your test date to verify the testing information has been received from your institution
- Check-in at the testing center, Building B, Room B115, on your test date with a valid photo ID.
- All exams require a valid, government-issued, photo ID.
- Tests are administered by appointment, which must be made with a minimum of 48 hours advance notice.
- A non-refundable fee $25 proctor fee is due on the day of testing. Download testing fee form.
- Rescheduling is allowed.
- When making an appointment, you agree to all of the terms set forth by the guidelines. Please review these other school proctoring service guidelines before making an appointment and call the office with any questions.
- ECC serves as a testing site four times a year for the ACT. Visit actstudent.org for registration information.
Accuplacer Testing for NIU students
Northern Illinois University students take the reading and math tests from NIU. You will need to make an appointment to take the Accuplacer test at Elgin Community College. Check-in with the testing manager at the Testing Center, Building B, Room B115. Bring a photo ID on your testing date. A non-refundable $25 proctor fee is due on your test date. Bring a paid receipt back to the Testing Center to begin your exam.
Accuplacer Testing (students not attending NIU)
If you are taking the test for an institution other than NIU, you need to contact your college to request Accuplacer testing at ECC before you can register for the test. Call the Testing Center at 847-214-7150 at least 24 hours before your test date to verify the testing information has been received from your institution. On the day of the exam, check-in with the testing manager at the Testing Center, Building B, Room B115. Bring a photo ID on your testing date. A non-refundable $25 proctor fee is due on your test date. Bring a paid receipt back to the Testing Center to begin your exam.
Columbia College of Missouri Testing
ECC proctors online midterm and final exams for Columbia College of Missouri students.
- Columbia College students must contact their instructors by week 2 (per syllabus instructions)
- Indicate that the ECC Testing Center is the proctor
- Contact your Columbia College instructor to submit the exam via the Columbia College D2L web site to the Elgin dropbox BEFORE you register for your test.
- Call the Testing Center at 847-214-7150 at least 24 hours before your test date to verify the testing information has been received.
Columbia College students may visit the proctor information page or contact Karen Beckstrom, Columbia College director at ECC, with any questions on the testing procedures. Call 847-214-7197, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop-by Building E, Room E205.