Placement Testing Review Workshops
Information regarding Testing Center
Due to COVID-19 the ECC Testing Center is not offering test preparation workshops but is offering asynchronous prep materials. For questions, please contact email@example.com or call 847-214-7150. Placement testing is available remotely and on campus by appointment. If you'd like to make an appointment for a placement test, please use RegisterBlast.
The workshops described on this page review the basic math, English, and reading concepts needed when taking placement tests at Elgin Community College. These workshops are optional and non-credit.
- Math: Review basic and intermediate algebra.
- English: This workshop discusses how to write a 400-word essay on a topic that will be given to you. Your placement will be assessed on how well you develop, organize, and support the topic of your essay. Your placement also depends on your understanding of form, variety of sentence structure, and correct grammar.
- Reading: Review the skills needed to read a passage and answer questions accurately. The workshop will also cover the test design as well as the main idea, vocabulary in context, transitions, and paragraph patterns.
To register for a workshop:
- Complete the non-credit form and take it to Registration, Building B, Room B105, 847-214-7393.
- Pay the $10 fee at Student Accounts, Building B, Room B166, 847-214-7380 by cash, check, or charge.
- These workshops are open only to ECC students or individuals who plan to enroll at ECC.
- You must pre-register; see above.
- No refunds.
- Receipt of payment must be brought to the class.
ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. The class will be canceled if less than 5 students are enrolled. You will be refunded only if classes are canceled. Dates, times and rooms are subject to change.
Currently, there are no workshops offered for reading.