Placement Testing Review Workshops
The workshops described on this page review the basic math, English, and reading concepts needed when taking placements tests at Elgin Community College. These workshops are optional and non-credit.
- Math: Review basic and intermediate algebra.
- English: This workshop discusses how to write a 400-word essay on a topic that will be given to you. Your placement will be assessed on how well you develop, organize, and support the topic of your essay. Your placement also depends on your understanding of form, variety of sentence structure, and correct grammar.
- Reading: Review the skills needed to read a passage and answer questions accurately. The workshop will also cover the test design as well as the main idea, vocabulary in context, transitions, and paragraph patterns.
To register for a workshop:
- Complete the non-credit form and take it to Registration, Building B, Room B105, 847-214-7393.
- Pay the $10 fee at Student Accounts, Building B, Room B166, 847-214-7380 by cash, check, or charge.
- These workshops are open only to ECC students or individuals who plan to enroll at ECC.
- You must pre-register; see above.
- No refunds.
- Receipt of payment must be brought to the class.
ECC reserves the right to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. The class will be canceled if less than 5 students are enrolled. You will be refunded only if classes are canceled. Dates, times and rooms are subject to change.
|July 24||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-204||Building F, Room F224|
|August 7||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-205||Building F, Room F224|
|August 17||Saturday||12 to 3 p.m.||CPC-588-206||Building F, Room F224|
|September 7||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-301||Building G, Room G226|
|September 21||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-302||Building G, Room G226|
|October 5||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-303||Building G, Room G226|
|October 19||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-304||Building G, Room G226|
|November 2||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-305||Building G, Room G226|
|November 16||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-306||Building G, Room G226|
|November 23||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-307||Building G, Room G226|
|December 14||Wednesday||2 to 5 p.m.||CPC-588-308||Building G, Room G226|
|July 18||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-203||Building G, Room G220|
|August 1||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-204||Building G, Room G220|
|August 8||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-205||Building G, Room G220|
|September 18||Wednesday||12 to 2 p.m.||CPC-589-301||Building G, Room G224|
|September 25||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-302||Building G, Room G224|
|October 2||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-303||Building G, Room G224|
|October 9||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-304||Building G, Room G224|
|October 16||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-305||Building G, Room G224|
|October 23||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-306||Building G, Room G224|
|November 6||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-307||Building G, Room G224|
|November 13||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-308||Building G, Room G224|
|November 20||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-309||Building G, Room G224|
|December 4||Thursday||2 to 4 p.m.||CPC-589-310||Building G, Room G224|
Currently, there are no workshops offered for reading.