HiSET® High School Equivalency Test
Students interested in high school equivalency (HSE) classes should call the Adult Basic Education Center at 847-214-6904 or email ABECRegistration@elgin.edu. An assessment of academic skills helps determine appropriate placement and success in classes. You cannot be currently enrolled in high school to attend adult education classes.
The HiSET® exam is a five-part test used in the process of issuing a high school equivalency credential. ECC offers testing regularly during the academic year. You must register for each exam.
- Create your account and register online at the Educational Testing Service HiSET Exam site.
- Review all the information on fees and refunds.
- Select 'Elgin Community College' as your location option.
- Select the exams you wish to take. You can take all five tests in one day if the test center has availability, or you can schedule them across more than one day:
- Language Arts – Reading
- Language Arts – Writing
- Social Studies
- This payment must be a credit card, debit card, or prepaid card.
The Elgin Community College Testing Center will be temporarily located in Building F, Rooms F200 and F202 from December 15 through 22. Please visit these rooms for scheduled on-campus exams during this time.