Support for undocumented students

Application Instructions for Undocumented Students

Applying to Elgin Community College as an undocumented/DACA student uses the same online application as other students. Undocumented students, who have neither U.S. citizenship nor a visa allowing them to enroll in college coursework, are not considered international students and may apply according to the regular admission process regardless of resident status.

Simply select "Apply as a New College Student." You don’t need an SSN or an ITIN to register for classes or receive a certificate or degree at ECC. While students without a social security number cannot apply for federal student financial aid to pay for college or career certification, ECC offers other ways to help cover your costs.

Did you know?