Apply as a Summer Transfer Student
Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?
Live chat is open. Get live help now! Launch chat
Live chat is closed. Search admissions FAQ to find answers or email us at email@example.com. Live chat is available during regular office hours Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Live chat is unavailable. Staff is currently away from the chat; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live chat is busy. Staff is currently helping other students; please email us at email@example.com.
Taking a Few Summer Classes?
Wherever this summer takes you, take Elgin Community College along for the ride. Classes are available in online and hybrid options, with some courses held during evenings and weekends to give you the flexibility you need. Save hundreds per class from a four-year school. Tuition for summer courses at ECC is $132 per credit hour. Plus, scholarship and financial aid options are available. Accelerated sessions lasting just 3 to 8 weeks beginning June 7, June 14, and July 12, 2021.
Visit our ECC Summer Classes page to learn more and browse our summer courses.
Applying to ECC as a Summer Transfer Student
Planning on taking a few summer classes at ECC is easy, and there’s no application fee. Here are the steps to follow for the summer semester.
- Confirm with your current college advisor which ECC course is equivalent to the course you need to complete. You can also check this information by going to the Transferology Website if you attend a college/university in Illinois.
- Submit the online application. Make sure you have a personal email you can access, as we will be sending you important enrollment information, including your student ID number after you have applied. If you don’t have an email address, you can create a Gmail account for free and follow the instructions.
- Check the course you are interested in To determine what prerequisite is required for the course you intend to enroll. Search available classes Note: Prerequisites needed for the course(s) must be satisfied to register.
- Prove you have satisfied pre-requisites This can be done by:
- An official or unofficial transcript from your current or previous college/university.
- Your high school transcript, if you have taken the geometry algebra, chemistry, or foreign language in high school.
- If you are currently enrolled in a class that is a prerequisite for the course you wish to take, you will be required to submit an updated unofficial transcript with your final grade by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the summer class start date to remain enrolled. Note: Official transcripts can be sent electronically by email to email@example.com.
- Complete the prerequisite approval request form
- Email the completed form and your unofficial transcripts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a fax to 847-931-4899 with ‘Summer Enrollment’ on the subject line. Include the following:
- Full name
- ECC student ID number; received after submitting ECC admission application
- Contact information; cell phone or email address
- ECC course number and course name
- Name of institution where the prerequisite has been completed.