Apply as a Returning Student
Looking for registration help or have enrollment questions?
Live chat is open. Get live help now! Launch chat
Live chat is closed for registration help and enrollment questions. Live chat is available during normal business hours, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on Fridays. Search admissions FAQ to find answers or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live chat is unavailable. Staff is currently away from the chat; please email us at email@example.com.
Live chat is busy. Staff is currently helping other students; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you attend ECC in the past?
Returning is easy, even if you've been away for a while. The steps below are for students who were previously enrolled in for-credit classes. If you were a continuing education student in the past and want to take credit classes now, apply as a new college student. Make an appointment with an academic advisor and get registered!
- Submit the online application
If you've been away for two years or more or if you are returning to ECC after graduating. Applying is easy, and there's no fee. Make sure you have a personal email you can access, as we will be sending you important enrollment information after you have applied. If you don't have an email address, you can create a Gmail account for free and follow the instructions.
- Request transcripts from any other college you attended while you were gone and have them sent to the Registration & Records Office, then submit a request for an evaluation.
- Explore financial aid and scholarships - More than half of all ECC students qualify for some form of aid. Here's how to apply for financial aid.
- Choose classes - Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to create an educational plan and make sure you're taking the right courses to reach your goals. ECC also offers a returning student orientation session.
- Register for classes - It's quick and easy, and we're here to help.
- Activate your ECC student email account - This account is how your instructors and the ECC administration will communicate with you.
- Get your ECC student ID card - It'll be available in the Office.
- Visit first stop to get a refresher on accessing campus resources at ECC.
Additional Relief Funds Available
Elgin Community College has received additional funding to help students reach their educational goals during the pandemic. To help us determine your eligibility, all students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA for the upcoming school year. The Alternative Application for state aid is available for qualifying undocumented and transgender students. For assistance, call 847-214-7360.