Tech Prep Program Options
Earn college credits and high school credits at the same time in over 20 career and technical areas.
How Do I Enroll?
- If you attend one of the following district high schools:
- District 300
- District 301
- District 303
- Application and enrollment is completed through the guidance office at your high school. Your current high school unweighted GPA must be 2.0 or higher.
- All Tech Prep dual credit students must complete the COMPASS reading assessment at ECC. View the program information below to learn if there are additional COMPASS assessments and required scores or program specific testing or prerequisites.
- The school district and high school approve enrollment of their students. Enrollment is limited per program.
- Your high school pays for tuition and some pay for textbooks.
- The student pays for required supplies and fees.
Areas of Study
Earn an Associates in Applied Science degrees in the following:
- Automotive Services
- Basic Nurse Assistant
- Clinical Lab Technology
- Communication Design - Graphic Design
- Communication Design - Internet Design
- Communication Design - Videography and Motion Graphics
- Computer and Information Science
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering/Computer-Aided Design
- Fire Science and Safety
- Fire Science and Safety: EMT Basic
- Health Professions: Preparation for Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Surgical Technology
- Heating, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration
- Industrial Manufacturing Technology
- Integrated Systems/Maintenance Technology
- Marketing and Retail Management
- Office Administration Technology
- Public Safety Communications
- Welding Fabrication Technology