Accelerate College Program
Through ECC’s Accelerate College program, you can earn a full year of college credit or even complete your associate degree while you’re still in high school—without paying tuition.
How It Works
Accelerate College students attend ECC full time, earning both college and high school credit. You could graduate high school with a full year of college-level credit. Students in the Junior Pathway earn an associate degree! Tuition is free, but you might have to pay for textbooks.
Choose from a wide variety of general education courses, ranging from psychology and English composition to statistics.
As an accelerate college program student at ECC, you can immerse yourself in campus life. Join a club, write for the newspaper, or audition for a play —it’s a great way to get the full college experience. At the same time, you can continue participating in activities and events at your high school.
Accelerate College is open to high school juniors and seniors who have at least a 3.0 (unweighted) GPA and meet ECC’s academic minimum competencies. Students must live in districts that have agreements with ECC:
How to Apply
Interested in Accelerate College? Here’s how to get started:
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor.
- Complete the online application.
- Meet the minimum competencies in English, reading, and mathematics through SAT or ECC placement testing:
- Minimum SAT Scores
- Reading & Writing: 530
- Math: 570
- Minimum ECC Placement Scores
- English: 55
- Reading: 95 or higher
- Mathematics: 46 or higher
- Complete all other high school/district requirements.
- Attend mandatory Welcome Night and New Student Orientation.
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.