This paragraph spacing tool allows you to add space horizontally. This option is a replacement for the TAB key.
To indent the text:
- Go to Home > Indent.
- Select the text you want to move to the left or right.
- Click on the left indent to move the text to the left side and the right indent to move the text to the right side.
After adding the right indent to the second paragraph:
Many of us are familiar with using the Enter key to push the text to the new page. Microsoft Word offers the page break tool that allows you to push the text onto the new page.
To use the page break tool:
- Place the cursor in the front of the text that you want to move to the next page.
- Go to the Insert tab and click on the Page Break option.
- The text will now be moved to the next page.
Line space is the vertical space between the lines. Instead of using Enter or the Spacebar key to add space between the lines, Microsoft Word offers a line spacing tool that you can use.
To use the line spacing tool:
- Select the text you want to add the space in between the lines.
- Go to Home > Line/Paragraph Spacing.
- Click on the little arrow beside the line spacing icons and you should see the following options.
- Select any of the spacing options or you can click on Line Spacing Options to customize the space. The window below shows the Line Spacing Options. Customize the indentation and line spacing, and preview the changes before clicking OK to finalize the customization.