The Workforce Development Department of ECC wants to be your partner, helping you achieve your educational and career goals. There are many free programs and services available to youth and adults who qualify.
ECC supports all community members who reside in District 509. Learn more
Integrated Career & Academic Preparation System (ICAPS) Program
ICAPS enables a student to earn a certificate in welding, CNC, HVACR, or dental office aid while also working to earn a high school equivalency or improve English language skills, reading or math.
Future Workforce Leader Program
If you are out of school or a recent high school graduate, age 16 to 24, reside in Kane or Cook County and meet program guidelines, you may qualify. Learn more
All programs include personalized advising and possible assistance with the following:
- Tuition, testing fees, and books
- Adult basic education and High School Equivalency preparation
- Resume development and interview skills training
- Job search and job referral assistance
- Support groups and personalized one-on-one advising
- Computer skills training, short-term training for certification
- Transportation assistance
- Work experience
- Volunteering opportunities
ECC’s Continuing Education Department offers a wide variety of popular, high-quality non-credit classes including ACT test preparation, kids college, food safety, forklift training, career courses, cooking, dance, and convenient online courses.
Educating and Training your employees can lead to improved performance, morale, output and increased revenues. Our top-notch training enterprises and adult learning experts deliver training solutions, knowledge and skills that can be implemented in the workplace immediately. Learn more