Transfer Guides by Major or University
Elgin Community College students can take advantage of special programs offered through specific schools.
For more details regarding application processes, eligibility, and program requirements, visit ECC Academic Advising and Transfer Services in Building B, B120, or call 847-214-7390 to schedule an appointment.
- Engineering Pathways Program - The Grainger College of Engineering at The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign:
- Provides guaranteed admission into the Grainger College of Engineering. Learn more about the Engineering Pathways Program.
- Visit The Grainger College of Engineering
- Education Pathways Program with NIU (degrees delivered fully on ECC's campus):
- Technology Pathways Program Online BS-AMT with an emphasis in Applied Manufacturing Technology with NIU:
Transfer an AAS Degree and Certificate
The Associate in Applied Science and Certificates at Elgin Community College are designed to provide education to prepare students for employment upon completion of the program at ECC. While these degrees and certificates are not designed to transfer, many courses in the program may transfer to four-year universities and colleges.
ECC also has developed program articulation agreements with transfer institutions that accept AAS degrees and certificates from ECC toward completing a bachelor’s degree. In most cases, you can complete a 2 year AAS degree at ECC and then complete 2 years at your transfer institution to earn a BA or BS degree. ECC also has partnerships that allow students to complete 3 years at ECC and 1 year at your transfer institution to earn a BA or BS degree. Please get in touch with your academic advisor to determine which degree best suits your educational and career goals.