Transfer Guides

Transfer Guides by Major or University

Elgin Community College students can take advantage of special programs offered through specific schools. For more details regarding application processes, eligibility, and program requirements, please visit ECC Academic Advising and Transfer Services in Building B, B120, or call 847-214-7390 to schedule an appointment.

University Transfer Guides

Use these sample transfer guides to develop your educational pathway for specific majors at your chosen transfer institution.

Transfer an AAS Degree and Certificate

The Associate in Applied Science and Certificates at Elgin Community College are designed to provide education to prepare students for employment upon completion of the program at ECC. While these degrees and certificates are not designed to transfer, many courses in the program may transfer to four-year universities and colleges.

ECC also has developed program articulation agreements with transfer institutions that accept AAS degrees and certificates from ECC toward completing a bachelor’s degree. In most cases, you can complete a 2 year AAS degree at ECC and then complete 2 years at your transfer institution to earn a B.A. or B.S. degree. ECC also has partnerships that allow students to complete 3 years at ECC and 1 year at your transfer institution to earn a B.A. or B.S. degree. To determine which degree best suits your educational and career goals, please contact your academic advisor.