Engineering Pathways Program
How It Works
ECC offers a Guaranteed Transfer Admission (GTA) program to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's Grainger College of Engineering for students who meet specific criteria outlined in the agreement. Taking advantage of this opportunity helps save on tuition costs and benefit from Elgin Community College's smaller class sizes and highly personalized academic transfer planning.
Once admitted, ECC students follow a prescribed Engineering Program of Study, earning a 3.5 cumulative GPA and all A’s and B’s in required technical courses. Upon completion of the Associate in Engineering Science after their first 2 years at ECC, students then transfer to UIUC to complete their Engineering degree. Students successfully completing the Engineering Pathway Program of Study at ECC are guaranteed transfer into The Grainger College of Engineering at UIUC, with an estimate of upwards of 90% placement into their first or second choice major.
- Follow the Engineering Pathways plan of study.
- Earn a B or better in each required course.
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA overall and in technical coursework*.
- Meet with your advisors regularly.
- Note: Students are expected to complete all courses in which they enroll; dropping/withdrawing or failing to earn a “B or better” in a required course will jeopardize program standing.
- See application deadlines.
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Elgin Community College as your Engineering Pathways partner school.
- Complete assessment testing
- The math assessment (ALEKS) is mandatory and may not be waived.
- Reading/writing assessments may be completed according to individual school policy.
- Submit the Grainger College of Engineering at UIUC Engineering Pathways application
- Save your file as Pathways School_Last Name_First Name.
- Send your official high school transcripts (see application).
Technical coursework includes chemistry, computer science, math, physics, and engineering.