Future Workforce Leaders Program
The Future Workforce Leaders Program at Elgin Community College is for qualified participants ages 16 to 24 to receive training and financial assistance. You may learn about various career pathways and also receive a high school equivalency certificate, an occupational training certificate or just gain valuable work experience in your chosen field in the program.
Education and Career Pathways
Choose from these programs:
- Business and Professional Services
- Health Professions
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality
- Information Technology
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Management
Learning opportunities include:
- Career treks.
- Job shadowing.
- Work experience through short-term employment ($10 to $12 per hour).
- Volunteer and networking.
- Adult basic education classes, including computer skills training, short-term training for certification.
- High school equivalency certificate preparation.
- Career exploration, counseling and mentoring.
- Job search and job referral assistance.
- Personal development workshops.
- Resume development and interview skills training.
- Support groups and personalized one-on-one advising.
- Tours of colleges and businesses.
- Transportation assistance.
- Tuition, testing fees, and books.